ISO: OEM rear bumper

Tim713

Hey guys I’m looking for an oem or oem look rear bumper. Happy to buy complete with every piece or whatever you’ve got.  Bought my truck with a black roll pan and I would rather have the stock bumper. Will trade the roll pan plus shipping if someone wants to swap.  My truck is black, so black preferred but interested in any colors. 

Thanks!

Hey Tim, assuming you're in Houston (713?)

You may already know the bumper metal that the cover goes on top of is just a stock Silverado bumper with the plastic trim omitted.

I've got a decent top pad and smaller bottom pad, and I might have the corner brackets if I can find em.  I need to pack up another top pad and send it to a member here as soon as I can go dig in my storage unit again, so I can check..

Someone posted a link to new OEM covers recently.  These parts are getting tough to source so I'd get that cover first.  If you're interested in the pads just shoot me a PM.

Richard

19 hours ago, Silverado_George said:

Just out of curiosity, is the rear bumper cover a part that is readily available and that GM still produces? As in a part I can go to the dealer right now and buy it?

Rear bumper cover is an obsolete part, discontinued.  A few dealers may still have one but only by pure chance.  I've heard of a few old stock pieces still at a dealer or two..

There's also the issue of the related parts - top step pad, bottom step pad, spare tire winch tube cover, tag light lenses (they're smooth instead of regular textured plastic), and the little metal brackets that hold the corners of the cover on.  Most of these parts have become tough to source, and expensive.

Richard

On 4/12/2019 at 7:26 PM, someotherguy said:

Hey Tim, assuming you're in Houston (713?)

You may already know the bumper metal that the cover goes on top of is just a stock Silverado bumper with the plastic trim omitted.

I've got a decent top pad and smaller bottom pad, and I might have the corner brackets if I can find em.  I need to pack up another top pad and send it to a member here as soon as I can go dig in my storage unit again, so I can check..

Someone posted a link to new OEM covers recently.  These parts are getting tough to source so I'd get that cover first.  If you're interested in the pads just shoot me a PM.

Richard

I am in Minnesota, 713 is/was my moto race number back in the days.  I am still searching and would be interested in going this route. Did you ever go search? 

On 4/13/2019 at 12:49 AM, Twinstick said:

Still no pics or info on your roll pan?  I have an OEM SS black rear bumper, cover etc.  it’s never been removed, but I was thinking about a roll pan as long as it’s hidden hitch ready.  

any pics of that? been looking for one for a while but all of the ones I see are beat up 

On 4/17/2019 at 9:03 AM, ZickMar said:

I have Stock SS black bumper, and would consider the trade.

any pics?

On 5/3/2019 at 7:14 PM, matslp488 said:

Thanks for the help was able to snag it up appreciate it

• 3 weeks later...

I have a 2005 Black SS bumper that I am willing to trade for your roll pan if your still interested.  

Cannot load the pics as they are too large.  I can email if you like and perhaps you can do the same with your roll pan.

Let me know.