•••Heater Core going bad!!••••

matslp488

Driving my truck today I noticed coolant odor, kept driving and my temp seemed normal. When I got home I started checking and saw leaking coming from a small hose under the ac canister that comes from the firewall.. sure enough I started reading and all symptoms appear to be a failing heater core ?... from what I’ve read it’s a PITA to install! Dash has to be removed completely.. anyone has had any experience with this on their SS??

62986978-9E5C-43D1-B0DD-B1E66C2B094E.jpeg

If you've got a bench seat truck its a little easier. If you have a console truck, that will need to come out. Also helps just to get the seats out of the way. Once the seats and console are out, and the dash is dropped, you can swing the dash out of the way enough to get the box out, no need to disconnect the main harness. You will need to crack the a/c system open to get the box out as well. Its not super complex, but it is a long ordeal.

I got the original bucket seats and consoles.. I was looking at it today and it doesn’t seem that hard just time consuming... for now I just bypassed the heater hoses and seems doing fine in this “Houston cold Weather” lol..