Welp...

SSolid

3 hours ago, Downeast Johnny said:

That SUCKS!!  Texting and driving, or drunk as a skunk?  Hope they don't total it on you, but I wouldn't hold my breath.  Good luck brother.

Great video quality.  Store surveillance should be that good.

Not drunk...unclear about the texting.  She claims to have been distracted by a grabbing grandmother riding shotgun.  Rear end components are done...likely I’ll be getting a check.

Sonofabitch man she just about near took out your house too.. WOW :( :( :(

EDIT...WTF are you kidding me this was your 8K mile truck that you had put up for sale?  Man, I feel so bad for you.  That is terrible :( 

Edit again, wow I'm a retread.  That post where you had it for sale at 8K miles was from 2007.  You sure don't post much here!

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

15 hours ago, SSolid said:

Got off my couch and spent 15 minutes trying to understand what just happened.

I watched it like 5 times, and I still cant figure it out. Its like a bad video game, bumps the back of the truck, does a barrel roll, and pops back on its wheels and keeps going.

For what it's worth, I bought mine as a total from the insurance auction and had it repaired.  Used GM sheetmetal, got lucky and found a good used bumper cover, NOS rear bed corner cladding and tailgate cladding strip, emblems.. had all the other dents and dings fixed and whole truck painted.  Probably have more in it than I'd like to admit but the truck is straight and super shiny.

06SS_013.jpg

06SS_076s.jpg

Richard

On 2/25/2019 at 9:15 AM, eberhama said:

I watched it like 5 times, and I still cant figure it out. Its like a bad video game, bumps the back of the truck, does a barrel roll, and pops back on its wheels and keeps going.

She managed to go right into the wheel...not a scratch on the bumper...this must of helped her get the lift necessary to go into that roll.  Insurance estimates $18k to repair.  Meanwhile she was in a rental.  Bleh.

@someotherguylooks great!

Sounds like a severely overblown estimate. It didn't cost half that to fix mine and that included a full paint job. If you think the truck is fixable (and it looks like it is) and want to keep it, I bet you could get quality work done far below that estimate.

Richard