I think my front end diff is going bad

Hey everyone.  I have an 03 SS that I owned since 04.  I currently have 275,000 miles on it.  I think my front diff is finally going bad.  It is starting to make a grinding noise especially when making turns.  I have done all the maintenance and most repairs on this truck myself.  I'm wondering if the front diff repair is something that anyone has documented on this site or is this something that I need to just pay someone to do?  Any help is appreciated.  

I paid almost $2k for a complete rebuild, new 411 ring and pinion carrier bearing... the whole nine... but that was at 127k.. it now has 226k and has been quiet since. 

It seemed like a lot but wwll

worrh the piece of mind 

It's not all that hard to do if you are familiar with diff's. If you have the tools, bearing pullers, slide hammer to get axles out etc.. and know how to set up a ring and pinion I find it harder to remove and reinstall it then rebuilding it. There are write ups on it. What kits to buy. You tube also has videos that show it as well. It's worth the look first so if you do tear it down you will be familiar with what to look for if things have worn out. Like broken lock tabs etc...  On my truck I bought a rebuilt one because of time issues, it was my DD at the time. I then rebuilt my original and have it just in case this one fails or starts leaking or something.