Sign in to follow this  
matslp488

•• Houston TX Members Advice••

I will be transferring to Htown in about a month and I would like to know what’s a good area to look for an apt... any advice my fellow Htown Members???? I will be working at the Hobby Airport for about 6 months so anywhere around that area is preferred... thanks!

Man...tough call.  A lot of that area is kinda sketchy.  However, apartment living all around the greater Houston area is sketchy due to the number of places that take government money; you'd be surprised at even some of the "luxury" places that take it because the program actually pays more than 100% of market value if the property is considered to be in an affluent area.

If there's any way for you to not bring your SS but store it somewhere secure back home during your stint here...they steal the shit out of those trucks. :(

Richard

Dammit.. I think I’d be better off buying an older work truck then and leave the SS at my parents house...

Yeah honestly I hate to sound discouraging or alarming but especially living in apartments where you may not be able to park close by, truck theft is out of hand over here.  Even if you bought a beater work truck Silverado it's a theft target because they're easy to steal.  The SS is a target because of its value (including just in parts); the beater is a target because it's easy to snag it and go do some crimes with it.  Crime is outta control in this city and our super-liberal mayor, police chief, and DA are just making it worse.

Richard

Buy a beater Corolla or something. :) then dump it when you're ready to move back..

Richard

I would go along with all of Richards advice. Buy a beater car!

Move to Pearland, it's like 10 minutes from the hobby are port.