Easy Bumper Question

SkyVaulter

Hey guys! Long time lurker, first time poster. I recently got into a fender bender in my 06 SS, i ordered new plastics but before i order a new face bar from the dealership i wanted to ask if it had to be the SS Specific face bar that goes underneath the SS plastic. When i pulled the bumper off i realized it looked incredibly similar to my brothers 05' silverado, does any one know if the generic 03-07 silverado bumper will fit underneath the plastic/ will the brackets line up with the truck? Thanks for any help!

If you ask the dealer, allegedly different part.. SS front bumper is # 89045660 , Silverado bumpers are 89025748 (black, discontinued), or 19150310 (chrome)

However.. if you look it up on LMC, they show their same part # for the plain primered bumper to fit a regular Silverado, and an SS.

So I'm betting the difference is just the finish and the metal is the same.

Richard

1 minute ago, someotherguy said:

If you ask the dealer, allegedly different part.. SS front bumper is # 89045660 , Silverado bumpers are 89025748 (black, discontinued), or 19150310 (chrome)

However.. if you look it up on LMC, they show their same part # for the plain primered bumper to fit a regular Silverado, and an SS.

Richard

wow i appreciate the input! that sure would save me a few hundred bucks. Im hoping someone in here has already gone through the trouble of testing that theory. Thank you!

22 hours ago, someotherguy said:

Richard

You are correct the original metal bumper was in a black e-coating under the SS cover. The standard metal bumper is chrome. The basic metal portion is the same wither its black coated or chrome. This applies to both the front and the rear bumpers.

The only thing you would find on the Standard SS metal portion of the pumper was some strategically placed clear film and some foam inserts to prevent rub through and to help it retain its shape.