New from Indy

Buckner67

Just purchased my first SS that is in need of some serious TLC. It's an 05 with a blown engine. I have a 2004 LQ9 to replace the engine and lots of love to give the rest of the truck. This is my first LS engine project and they do seem more expensive to mess with than conventional Chevy motors. I probably will be leaning on the forums for support. 

Welcome,

Sounds like you've already squared away the major issue, sourcing a correct replacement engine.  And yes, the LQ9 will usually set you back a bit because it's a desirable engine; not a typical 5.3 pullout that can be had much cheaper.

What else does the truck need done?  Got any pics?

Richard

Well after driving 3 states with it on a trailer I just got my baby home. Took a hotsee to it to knock off 10 years of tree sap and mold. It's a beautiful truck. It needs carpet and a motor. The chassis only has 65k on it so I'm hoping the drive train I  in good shape. I picked up a LQ9 for $500 and it has 105k on it. Besides basic gaskets what else would you replace. It's been sitting for 10 years.