Reduce Engine Power Warning.

Ok I had this happen, I have read alot of threads on this. Mine happen on when the weather changed and a lot of condensation was in the air. i tighten and checked all the grounds. Our trucks are getting old and more corrosion on the ground connections are happening so we need to keep them clean. Got the code of P1516 and reset it and it hasn't come back. My truck sat for about 4 days when this happen and since that I have been starting and running it for a 5 minutes everyday or every other day and no it won't repeat itself. Anyway I am monitoring it weekly. Here is a good article if you have the problem.

https://www.fixmyoldride.com/Chevrolet-reduced-engine-power.html

• 3 weeks later...

So after this happen I've clean off the grounding connection up under the headlights, and the motor to firewall, and the code has not come back but when I let my truck sit for a few days and I start it up the cluster is in the other languages, and I have to reset it. For the last month its been wet and probably condensation on connections. This spring I will add other ground connections and check the throttle connection.