Ope from Iowa!

SixxOh

Hello, everyone! Bought my dream truck a few months ago. 2004 Silverado SS (red), I'm the 3rd owner. Bought it with 124k miles for $8,500. 

Have yet to see any others in my area, hoping to find some on this site!

Couple minor issues I was hoping to get some insight on:

1) Both heated seats come on for a second, then turn right back off.

2) Lot of drivetrain feedback coming from rear speakers.

Thanks, and looking forward to learning more about my SSS! ?

Welcome, from another Iowan.

For the heated seats it's most likely you have a short in one of them.  I would check the drivers side first since they get the most ware and tear.  The first test is to see if you can operate just the passenger side without it shutting down, then try just the drivers side.  If one side won't stay on that will narrow down where to investigate.  The trucks BCM is monitoring the current draw and if it exceeds limits it shuts the system down.

Edited by SS-GTP (see edit history)

10 hours ago, SS-GTP said:

Welcome, from another Iowan.

Where abouts ya from, sir? I'm up in the Northwest corner. And couldn't help notice the GTP in your name! 3800 w-body? I just parted out my '02 w-body Monte Carlo, have a lot of love for that platform! ?

I'm in Waterloo.  Got the SS, and a 98 Daytona Edition grand prix.  The GTP mainly just has headers and a 3.5 pulley.  I'm frequently monitoring 3800 sites for some lightly used performane parts in addition to monitoring sites for SS goodies.