5th ward Houston

Just barely caught this one being towed out from a Shell station at Lockwood and Navigation.  Had to zoom in real fast and remember to turn the flash off, so it almost got away on me.  Sure hope it was a RWD model, and also hope they didn't scratch the hood with the mickey mouse tow lights.  Dunno...I've never tried towing an AWD SS with wheels on the ground so I don't know how they act but I would guess it's a bad thing.  Tow lights belong on the roof.  Didn't look wrecked and that's not the kind of truck anybody really does tow-aways or repos with, so it was either broke down...or driver went to jail possibly.

ss_tows.jpg

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Well these are things I wonder and worry about :D

Mine can be towed that way since it's RWD...and the lights go up on the roof so any tiny scratches they might make aren't right there on the hood.

Good lord my truck is filthy.  But I drive it every day through a literal shitbath of dirt/dust/mud because there's a huge construction site right by where I work and there's no road I can go around on, so I gotta drive right through it.

45842254_2236224753078720_53994627565816

Richard

4 hours ago, UNA_06SS said:

is that your truck? what happened to it?

The one in the second pic, ya.  Nothing wrong with it...just had to drop the work truck off and head home.  One of our trucks was down so we did some swapping around.

Richard

Oh yeah, it's been a great truck for the last 20K I've owned it, just crossed 100K miles.  Only times it's ever let me down was the previous battery crapped out and leaked down through the negative cable corroding it, and a few weeks ago the starter gave up.  New AC Delco cable, new (not rebuilt) AC Delco starter, and a Odyssey AGM battery have things back in shape.

I have to tow it every now and then and I hate doing it because I figure people see it going down the road like that and think it's broke down. ?

Richard

LOL I bet

I have to change out the Throttle body on my truck soon. Not sure if it gets too dirty (even though I only sometimes drive it on the weekend) or the sensor is going bad. It has done "engine reduce power" twice on me and looked it up and it's the throttle body that's dirty. I clean it and works fine. I want to eliminate that by getting a new one. I think it's the sensor though because when I clean the throttle body, it's not that dirty on the inside. We shall see if that does the trick. I'm going to get the OEM by the end of this week and replace it on the weekend, since it's pretty simple to change : )

On 11/18/2018 at 6:40 AM, someotherguy said:

Well these are things I wonder and worry about :D

Mine can be towed that way since it's RWD...and the lights go up on the roof so any tiny scratches they might make aren't right there on the hood.

Good lord my truck is filthy.  But I drive it every day through a literal shitbath of dirt/dust/mud because there's a huge construction site right by where I work and there's no road I can go around on, so I gotta drive right through it.

45842254_2236224753078720_53994627565816

Richard

So a wrecker was broke down at one location and you drove the wrecker from your location towing your truck to that location and left it and drove your truck home?

It's a complicated and boring story :) but in short, my regular truck was down over the weekend so I used a truck that is normally for a driver that works during the week.  When I was done I had to drop it off where he usually picks it up, which meant towing my SS over there so I could go home afterwards.

Richard

2 hours ago, someotherguy said:

It's a complicated and boring story :) but in short, my regular truck was down over the weekend so I used a truck that is normally for a driver that works during the week.  When I was done I had to drop it off where he usually picks it up, which meant towing my SS over there so I could go home afterwards.

Richard

Yeah, I gotcha now.

Sure love that truck. I wished I had one. Coolest SSS of all if you ask me.