Sup Fellas? I’m new here, I’m from Mcallen Tx.

Isegura

Welcome, I think we have more SS's in Texas than anywhere else has :)

You can get a new reproduction grille for about $150 or less depending on where you look; LMC has it for $150 so you can bet somewhere else has the exact same grille cheaper.  A real OEM one will run you about $375+ prices vary a lot depending on source.  It lists for a hell of a lot more.  Then of course you gotta pay to get it painted but shouldn't cost too much any decent shop; it's just basic GM black WA8555 not anything fancy or uncommon.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/5/2018 at 12:12 PM, someotherguy said:

Welcome, I think we have more SS's in Texas than anywhere else has :)

You can get a new reproduction grille for about $150 or less depending on where you look; LMC has it for $150 so you can bet somewhere else has the exact same grille cheaper.  A real OEM one will run you about $375+ prices vary a lot depending on source.  It lists for a hell of a lot more.  Then of course you gotta pay to get it painted but shouldn't cost too much any decent shop; it's just basic GM black WA8555 not anything fancy or uncommon.

Richard

The factory OEM Grills already come painted From GM. The last two I purchased (06-07 style) where around $500 My cost and I had to wait for them to come out from Detroit.

Edited by 1FASTBRICK
fixed (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Sup fellas? Work has kept me from replying. Thanks to everyone and the welcomes! I ordered the LMC SS front grille part number 39-4175 but it’s not the SS front grille. It’s just a paintable regular 1500 grille. I’m in the process of sending it back. Is there a part number or web site I can look at? 

If you ordered 39-4175 and they sent you a regular Silverado grille, then they screwed up filling the order.

According to a couple dealer parts sites, the GM part # for the 2003-2005 SS grille is 19168630 but you should call them up and be sure before laying out the bucks.  The site says it comes primed, not painted.  1Fastbrick knows a million times more about SS stuff than I do though so the site may be wrong as they sometimes can be; however if I look up a grille for my 2006 which is different, they do show them in the different available colors and the 2006-2007 grille was the one he mentioned coming already painted.

• 2 weeks later...

That's great news. :)  I figured the trip was too far for you to make for just a grille but it's cool you had a friend to help out on picking it up.  Hope it's the right one; that was a screaming good deal on it compared to getting one from a dealer.

It was a little confusing because his ad said 2003-2007, and a lot of the online references say the same thing.  But a 2006/2007(classic) Silverado SS grille has the top bar, and the one in his picture does not, so that should fit 2003-2005 SS's.

Richard