What's going on?

Had a similar problem a while back.  Had a sound of like a pebble in the exhaust or something.  A week later my cel came on and my gas mileage went to crap.  Scanned it and it said bank 1 lean.  Forgot what the code was.  Ran it like that for a few months. Just did a complete exhaust including cats and my cel went away. 

On 11/5/2018 at 10:33 PM, Rholston said:

Had a similar problem a while back.  Had a sound of like a pebble in the exhaust or something.  A week later my cel came on and my gas mileage went to crap.  Scanned it and it said bank 1 lean.  Forgot what the code was.  Ran it like that for a few months. Just did a complete exhaust including cats and my cel went away. 

So your power came back? Was thinking of doing the whole exhaust as well since previous owner did magnaflows but the pipes and tips are all rusted, did you go with any particular cats like magnaflow or just any cats? Kind of tougher for me since I live in California and they've got the whole CARB legal thing going on..

George

1 hour ago, Silverado_George said:

So your power came back? Was thinking of doing the whole exhaust as well since previous owner did magnaflows but the pipes and tips are all rusted, did you go with any particular cats like magnaflow or just any cats? Kind of tougher for me since I live in California and they've got the whole CARB legal thing going on..

George

Yes, gas mileage went back up to normal, and low end feels better.  The cats are from Kooks.  It's the y pipe set with high flow cats for their headers.  Did the B&B cat back exhaust for the back half.  Everything is stainless except for the tips, the bands, and the bolts.