Hey guys I was just starting this topic not as means to bash the truck obviously but just as a means of pointing out the problems that I noticed since I've owned it that these trucks have and that GM could have done due to the fact that they cost people 40k when they were brand new.  Some of the problems listed here affect MOST and some of them affect and apply to ALL and others are generic Silverado and GM issues. Feel free to add any if I've missed some 

1. Famous Steering clunking when turning or going over rough terrain

2. Front Differential 

3. Cheap Leather that frays and cracks after only a little bit

4. Stepper Motors in Instrument cluster being non-functional 

5. Transmission Slipping ( Happens every now and then to mine and I am only at 38k miles).

6. Didn't put a sunroof on all the trucks, should have done this since the SS trim was the highest and most exclusive trim you could go with back then, should have fully loaded all of them

7. Brakes are not very good considering that they are in charge of stopping a 5,300 pound pickup truck

8. Tailgate latch issue

9.Rusting brake lines issue  

Your truck is now 14 years old. Its not longer new with its 40k sticker lol. With a Vehicle of this age it is expected to have some issues. There is no car in this world that will be 14 years old and not have some issues. I had mine from 2006-2014, about 300 low 12 second passes on stock diff. great vehicle never had anything go wrong with it besides one stepper motor.

On 10/3/2018 at 5:48 AM, 8hnpSS said:

Your truck is now 14 years old. Its not longer new with its 40k sticker lol. With a Vehicle of this age it is expected to have some issues. There is no car in this world that will be 14 years old and not have some issues. I had mine from 2006-2014, about 300 low 12 second passes on stock diff. great vehicle never had anything go wrong with it besides one stepper motor.

Wow that's great to hear man! Not knocking the truck at all, it is my dream vehicle as I pursued one for 2 years before I stumbled on mine ? just stating the issues not because of age I meant like the known issues or things that I thought that GM could have made better but it is still a fast truck nevertheless

George