Starter life?

Got about 90K on the truck now and my starter is running slowly like the battery is little bit low.  Fairly new high quality battery, new OEM GM negative cable (old one had some acid damage seeping down into the cable from the previous battery), and not too long ago I put a brand new GM alternator on it - so I don't suspect the charging system.  After the truck sits overnight I'm going to hit the battery with a meter and be sure it's charged up so I can rule that out.

Dunno how long it's been doing this; I usually remote start the truck while I'm in the house so I wouldn't have heard the starter spinning slow.

Richard

Probably just luck of the draw one way or another.  When I checked the battery it was sitting right at 12.5V, don't have a load tester but I don't really suspect the battery anyway.  Figure at 90K-ish I can go ahead and just throw a starter at it so I ordered a brand new Remy, screw parts house rebuilds.  Original can go to a starter shop for a rebuild and sit on the shelf for when the other truck needs one.  There's still a few real rebuilding shops here around Houston..

Richard

Mine the starter was actually fine it was the  starter solenoid mounted on the side brittle is an understatement tried unbolting the wires and it broke into pieces mind you it let go in a CVS parking lot had to swap it out in a busy parking lot on the ground bought a new starter and a cheap socket set and a half hour of work and I was good to good.