2003 Silverado SS Dyno numbers. Chart included. Is this good?

Popfizz7

Finally had a chance to post the numbers from my build.

• 2003 Silverado SS AWD
  • 67,000 Miles
  • LT Headers
  • Full Custom Borla Exhaust
  • Whipple 2300 @ 8psi
  • MSD Programmable Fuel Pump Booster
  • BTR Blower Cam Kit
  • Granatelli MAF

Tuned on a Mustang RWD Dyno

Made 560 rear wheel horsepower and 534 ft-lbs torque.

Do those numbers seem good?

DYNO.thumb.PNG.72b197b7925965ccfef0f0ca3906e66a.PNG

8 minutes ago, FASTDIESEL said:

How did you dyno an AWD on a RWD dyno? Just wondering...

There are some very specific procedures in regard on how to dyno the AWD Silverado SS on a rear wheel drive dyno.  It has to do with removing the front drive shaft at the last minute, just before the pull and NEVER touching the brake pedal with the exception of tapping it to get the transmission from PARK to DRIVE.  Then reinstalling the front driveshaft prior to driving the truck of of the dyno.  Please do not take this post as a “how to”.  I recommend doing a site search on the subject then doing the same thing on the web.  This procedure works just fine, I did not have any issues.

Thank you!   I have plans in place to have a transmission built and a proper torque converter installed.   Then it will likely go back on the dyno so the transmission an engine can be tuned together; although I'm not sure that it is necessary to do so.    I'm guessing the tuner might be able to do whatever needs to be done without putting it back on the dyno.  We'll see.

Then hopefully sometime in the not so distant future I am going with bigger fuel injectors, high pressure/flow fuel pump and an over-drive pulley on my harmonic balancer.  I'm doing all of this in hopes of bumping up the boots some more and getting some more horsepower out of it.   Not sure if its possible or not, but id like to think that i can get another 75-100hp?  thoughts?

Also, yes, you should NOT run the SS without the front drive shaft.  From what I understand it WILL smoke that coupling.   There is a very specific procedure to follow for dyno tuning an AWD on a RWD dyno.  Follow it and there should be no damage to the transfer case.