Traded in the SS

Rays B4U

Hey Guys/Gals,

The SS is gone. On Monday I traded it in on a 2019 Silverado High Country with the 6.2L. I'd owned the SS since it was new, bought it on 4/23/2003. I hated to see it go, but it was time. This new High Country has just a few more gadgets and doodads than the SS did, going to take me awhile to figure out how to use them all!

I left the SS pretty much stock; changed out grey emblems and grilles with chrome ones,  chrome door handles, and a PCM4Less custom tune that really woke it up, a true dual exhaust muffler! 

The only significant problem I had with the SS was the front diff needing rebuilt.

I joined this forum in April of 2003 right after getting the SS and It's been a fun 15+ years and I met a bunch of nice guys/gals here!

Enjoy your SSS's!

Ray

LOL, I did the same thing last year. Sold the SS after 14 years, wow.  I only had 36,000 on it and the Chevy Dealer offered $8,000 on a train. I said NO not going to do that. Sold it for $25,000.  It was perfect.  I got a 2017 Silverado 2500 turbo diesel 650 HP.  changed the headlights, the grill, bed rug, retractable cover. Oh, I made a custom bow tie for it as well. I thought I would never sell it as well but the new stuff was just to much to pass up.

Wow Bob, only 36k miles, you never drove it!!  Mine had a few miles under 71k on it and the dealership gave me 10800, so I was fairly happy. I had planned on waiting until spring to get a new one but when I saw this High Country I really liked it so I bought it. Might have been able to have gotten a few dollars more out of it doing a private sale, but then I would have had to have had it detailed and dealt with looky-loo tire kickers.  Now that I've bought it they'll probably come out with another SS! [sigh]

Ray,

It been a long ride, sad to see the truck go, both of us have been here since 2003, I'm too attached to mine with 137,000 on the clock plus the short box is done but needs a decent paint job, I might sell it if I can get a decent offer on it. I have 2 Mopars, one is a complete 68 Roadrunner and a 68 Charger I am just getting ready to start on the sheet metal repair, should keep me busy for the next couple of years.

Charger 68 Trailer.jpg

Charger 68 Brians.jpg

Roadrunner grass.JPG

Edited by SSmoothSilSS
lazy typing (see edit history)

On 9/23/2018 at 8:38 PM, SSmoothSilSS said:

Ray,

It been a long ride, sad to see the truck go, both of us have been here since 2003, I'm too attached to mine with 137,000 on the clock plus the short box is done but needs a decent paint job, I might sell it if I can get a decent offer on it. I have 2 Mopars, one is a complete 68 Roadrunner and a 68 Charger I am just getting ready to start on the sheet metal repair, should keep me busy for the next couple of years.

Charger 68 Trailer.jpg

Charger 68 Brians.jpg

Roadrunner grass.JPG

Hello Clay!

Yes, we both are probably a couple of the only original members of SSS.com! It was a pretty lively forum at times back then, with Dylan and Lee getting into pissing matches, with Lee eventually leaving because of it! lol

I was tiring of the SS and it's age was starting to show too. I had to have the top re-clear coated last year because it was peeling. And this spring I spotted what looks like another spot that might start peeling. It's has sat outside its whole life, so the weather was starting to take its toll on it. It was time.

You have a couple of great projects in the works there! Back in my high school days a buddy had a black vinyl over red 69 Charger R/T 440...it's a wonder I'm still alive to talk about it, we had some pretty crazy nights in it!  Another buddy had a 69 Road Runner with the 383 4sp, it was a light green color. I remember him having trouble keeping clutches in it.

BTW, if you happen to hear of anyone needing an original wheel from a 68 Z28 let me know, I still have one from my old Z!

Ray

Mine is just starting on the clear coat peel. I waxed it really good to make it through the winter. Yes I did a street racing in my time also and I look back that nothing bad happen. The Charger will have a 440 4 speed when I'm done. I ask around on the wheel.

It's been a while since I've been on this site, looks like its been updated to a new software.  Also looks like my old profile picture is gone.

Anyways, the new High Country is pretty nice.  I looked at one of those and a LTZ a few weeks ago.  I still have the old SS with low miles, still in the 20's.  The thing is totally stock and probably not worth much, so I'll just keep it.  I most likely will trade my daily driver in the Spring time or maybe not.  Who knows.

3 hours ago, cwest94 said:

It's been a while since I've been on this site, looks like its been updated to a new software.  Also looks like my old profile picture is gone.

Anyways, the new High Country is pretty nice.  I looked at one of those and a LTZ a few weeks ago.  I still have the old SS with low miles, still in the 20's.  The thing is totally stock and probably not worth much, so I'll just keep it.  I most likely will trade my daily driver in the Spring time or maybe not.  Who knows.

Wow, 20k miles, that's low, it must still have the new car smell!!!

On 10/3/2018 at 3:55 PM, Rays B4U said:

Wow, 20k miles, that's low, it must still have the new car smell!!!

Wish it was at 20k miles.  I said it was still in the 20's.  It's currently at 29k miles.  Between myself and the dog, that new car smell is long gone but the interior (and exterior) are still spotless.  I still have the passenger side airbag sticker hanging out of the glove box.  Why?  Not sure, but I do.

• 2 weeks later...

I still have my ss it has 64000 miles on it. One fender has rust and I need to clean it up underneath. I moved to Georgia from New York and just took it for emissions test. Everyone there was drooling over it. Not very many arrival blues left!

• Like 1

• 6 months later...