2004 AWD Drop

roberbober

Gents,

I was looking at lowering my 2004 AWD. I use it as a daily driver so looking for how it performs in the long run. If you have run into any issues with having the drop over a long period of time. It looks great but want to know if it impacts the trucks drive ability.

Thanks,

Bobby

The only issue with a drop kit is choosing the right weight shocks. some ride really stiff in the rear. so I would call the vendor you are going to use and figure out what shocks you want in the back. I have to change my rears as the truck is to stiff back there.

Thanks for the reply's. I have had my truck for about 12 years now and it is bone stock.. lol... But I am going to put some love into her. The one thing about this truck is the body style has lasted the test of time and still looks great. But i am thinking new rims, and I have plans for a complete custom new stereo. I am on the fence about lowering it. I know a few places have some really nice kits. But one this is that the SS has been built pretty well and in 12 years and 130K miles I have no issue other than routine maintenance, change fluids and windshield wipers. But that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...