WTB: SS Rear Bumper

Thing1

I finally managed to score a set of cladding with all of the brackets for the single cab, unfortunately the seller had already sold the bumper. I am looking for a rear bumper in good shape with the brackets to mount it.

Let me know what you have, thanks! :)

I finally managed to score a set of cladding with all of the brackets for the single cab, unfortunately the seller had already sold the bumper. I am looking for a rear bumper in good shape with the brackets to mount it.

Let me know what you have, thanks! :)

Whereabouts in Texas are you located?

Whereabouts in Texas are you located?

Near San Angelo rught now but go up towards the DFW area a lot!

@matslp448 Thank you! I'd really like to find one with the plastic pads and all but if I can't find any this may have to work.

Edited by Thing1 (see edit history)

• 3 months later...
4 hours ago, Thing1 said:

Still on the hunt for one of these in good shape. I have yet to see one that wouldn't need some sort of body work other than just paint :(

At this point in the game you'd have to be pretty lucky to find one that doesn't need some work.  10+ years ain't kind to bumpers especially plastic ones.

Cover can still be had new from GM (if they're actually in stock) for around $350-$375 and sometimes plus a ridiculous amount of shipping depending on which dealer it comes from; some are fair and others are clearly padding their lower prices with insane shipping.  Then of course gotta paint it.  Upper and lower step pads add more expense too (about $300 for both.)  Don't forget the correct smooth tag light housings (can be had from LMC cheap) and the spare tire access cover.  As far as I know the brackets are not available new anywhere.

You probably already know this but the actual metal bumper underneath the cover is just a regular Silverado bumper, can be found anywhere.

I've got a cover that needs some work, also good upper/lower step pads...and I wanna say the small metal brackets from the corners maybe.  Houston TX area.  Have had some people try to buy it but they play too many games so it's just sitting in my storage unit.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 1 month later...
On 12/10/2018 at 10:07 AM, someotherguy said:

At this point in the game you'd have to be pretty lucky to find one that doesn't need some work.  10+ years ain't kind to bumpers especially plastic ones.

Cover can still be had new from GM (if they're actually in stock) for around $350-$375 and sometimes plus a ridiculous amount of shipping depending on which dealer it comes from; some are fair and others are clearly padding their lower prices with insane shipping.  Then of course gotta paint it.  Upper and lower step pads add more expense too (about $300 for both.)  Don't forget the correct smooth tag light housings (can be had from LMC cheap) and the spare tire access cover.  As far as I know the brackets are not available new anywhere.

You probably already know this but the actual metal bumper underneath the cover is just a regular Silverado bumper, can be found anywhere.

I've got a cover that needs some work, also good upper/lower step pads...and I wanna say the small metal brackets from the corners maybe.  Houston TX area.  Have had some people try to buy it but they play too many games so it's just sitting in my storage unit.

Richard

I'm afraid you are probably right :( . Currently debating if it will be cheaper to buy a new one or to buy a used one and have it repaired. Do you have any ideas on what you would want for yours and what kind of work it would require?

Edited by Thing1 (see edit history)