Sign in to follow this  
Jacob1992

Magnuson pulley change

Thinking about changing my pulley from a 3.2 to a 3.0. Will I have to get retuned? Living in rural Manitoba Canada makes it very difficult. Guy I bought the truck from said it was tuned at a performance shop before he bought it. The hand held tuner isn't with the truck. Has 202,000 km on it and is a weekend cruiser and sometimes daily driver. Has Kooks long tubes, high flow cats, airaid intake, msd wires, built trans. Don't have a boost gauge on the truck right now. Really cant afford to take the risk of hurting the motor.

Of course youl need a re tune.

Re tune, but you can drive it, you just have to watch the A/F ratio.

Edited by Blown 346

Thinking about changing my pulley from a 3.2 to a 3.0. Will I have to get retuned? Living in rural Manitoba Canada makes it very difficult. Guy I bought the truck from said it was tuned at a performance shop before he bought it. The hand held tuner isn't with the truck. Has 202,000 km on it and is a weekend cruiser and sometimes daily driver. Has Kooks long tubes, high flow cats, airaid intake, msd wires, built trans. Don't have a boost gauge on the truck right now. Really cant afford to take the risk of hurting the motor.

Me personally. I would put on the next one up from the lowest pulley you can put on for max boost and tune it from there. If its a radix SC instead of a 2.75 go with a 2.8 and tune it there so you don't have to continue to get retunes every time you want a power increase. I also us my tow haul button as a performance bump for racing.

Thanks for the info guys, guna try pricing out some tuning places.