Sign in to follow this  
Johnnyblaze370

Ceramic coated now

Looks GREAT! Nice to see theses truck in showroom condition.

Been wanting to do this with mine. Hoping it will make maintaining the shine easier...my truck gets stupid dirty quick and I have very little time for detailing.

Richard

Then this is definitely the product for you. Dirt doesn't stick to it as much, and washing it is much easier now. They did all the plastic trim too, looks like brand new!

Looks amazing, curious if there is anywhere local to me who does this kinda stuff.

Looks great! Been contemplating on doing this to my truck to protect it's paint for years to come but i just recently got a paint correction done to remove the swirls, still looks good! :thumbsup:

I'm sorry for the dumb question, but is it like plastic wrap? I don't know about Ceramic Coated or Plastic Wrap. Truck looks amazing though!

My SS is my daily driver but there are a few deep scratches that are on it that didn't come out with the paint correction so my detail guy recommended a wetsanding, do you guys think this is risky? I don't expect to have mine in showroom condition since it is my daily driver and i don't have a garage to store it just a small driveway but i want to have it looking in the best shape possible, thoughts?

​

Its risky if you don't know what your doing.

True, idk if at this point it's just better to repaint the whole truck..

Love love the ceramic coatings and looks like you did your research since Kamakazi is one of the best there is. What coating from them did u go with? They have one called zipang I think that’s pretty expemsive but it’s a super badass one they only make in batch’s. Assuming cause of the high content Si02 it has. Believe it is even semi self healing too. I live in Columbus Ohio and place right by me called Esoteric fine auto finishing a is one of the only retailers in the US for it. They also install and do the STEK clear wraps too. Hope to work there one day. 

@Thing1 do I remember right you are from Columbus area?

@Silverado_George You can find someone qualified to do a real good wetsand and polish. It will take a while and it likely will be a bit pricy since the time involved but deff a way cheaper option than a whole repaint. Best to find someone who’s obsessive about it and will enjoy doing it. Where u located?