Rear sway bar

El_Yeff

Hey guy, so I have a stock ISS I wanna add a rear sway bar to. Id go with Hellwig but I have a dual exhaust so it wont clear.

I was looking into the Belltech one with the links towards the front. Does anyone who if theres a performance difference between links in the front or rear of a he axle??

Other option I was thinking of was using a GM SUV rear sway bar and adapt it. That one has the links to the back... anyone know how a stock rear sway bar would perform vs the Belltech???

Any other sway bars that can bolt up and work with the custom dual tail pipes I have? The muffler shop made them so it wasnt a standard bolt on muffler kit.

I bought the beltech rear bar but have been busy and havent had time to install. I just moved into a new house and got my lift setup again. I think the forward facing ones will give you more room. My truck has a custom dual exhaust which is why I went the beltech route. I thought about the suv bar but the end links looked like the would not clear the way mine is routed. Ill post pics once I get around to doing mine but probably wont be until first of September...... lol.

Damn haha! Ill probably beat you to it. I went under my truck yesterday to recheck everything. Same here looks like my tail pipes may hit since theyre out to the side. I couldnt find anything else with the links to the front so I ended up ordering from Summit. Got impatient and went the safest route haha....woulda liked the Hellwig but Id have to rework my pipes and lose the spare. I saw some threads from few years back that Hotchkis made them but cant find them. Some had part numbers and those dont pull up anymore and Summit says not available. Ima Call Hotchkis and see whats up before I install the Belltech. I have Hotchkis on my 70MC and that thing is massive and holy sh** did it make a difference.

I looked into the Hotchkis as well. Discontinued many years ago.... the beltech is the closest to the Hotchkis bar..... I inquired about seeing if Hotchkis would build their rear bar again and I think they needed a minimum order of 20. I wasnt going to front over 6k and hope I could find enough people to buy them or try and put a group buy together.....

I looked into the Hotchkis as well. Discontinued many years ago.... the beltech is the closest to the Hotchkis bar..... I inquired about seeing if Hotchkis would build their rear bar again and I think they needed a minimum order of 20. I wasnt going to front over 6k and hope I could find enough people to buy them or try and put a group buy together.....

I think we should start a List to see who wants the Hotchkis Sway Bars. It may take a few months to get 20 people. But looks like we may have 3-5 orders here now. I'm down for a set.

Just called Hotchkis, they would need 25 Front OR Rear Bar orders before they will make a run! I think a List should be started!!!

Edited by Fast04Chevy (see edit history)

I emailed them but havent gotten a response and my Belltech just arrived after ordering yesterday. Knowing me Ill put this one on during the weekend and buy the Hotchkis when they run a batch lol.

Edited by El_Yeff (see edit history)

I emailed them but havent gotten a response and my Belltech just arrived after ordering yesterday. Knowing me Ill put this one on during the weekend and buy the Hotchkis when they run a batch lol.

Haha that's how thst S**t happens. I had the Addco but when I swapped in the 14 bolt the sway bar hits the pumpkin and U bolts are to small. The guy I spoke with at Hotchkis said he would call me Monday/Tuesday with more accurate information on what is available and what he can do for us.

Damn! I really wanna get the sway bar on that I have now though lol. Would suck if I put it on and hear back that they got something. I then wont be able to return the Belltech. Wonder what material is used for Hotchkis but I believe they are hollow.

The guy I spoke with at Hotchkis said he would call me Monday/Tuesday with more accurate information on what is available and what he can do for us.

That's what I'm talking about. I am definitely in if they can produce a set. The rear bar is the same as the Tahoe/Suburban one, so it shouldn't be difficult to piece together a rear set. It is just if Hotchkis wants too.

If Hotchkis does it, itll be like the previous one I hope where the links are to the front. Unlike the Tahoe and Hellwig where theyre to the rear. When Hotchkis was making them they the links were in the front and ideal for trucks like mine with dual exhaust. Im sure they still have the files of their old sway bars. Hope we get an answer quick so I can either install my Belltech or wait for the Hotchkis one.

Not to rain on your parade but someone will have to front the money. They will want to money up front then one person will have to ship out. It will be a nightmare IMHO. Then you have to get enough people to actually commit and not flake out.... uh I wasnt ready or I dont have the cash etc.

Yea true. I have my Belltech ready to go on. Was just giving it a week to see if any real good news. They havent even responded to my email.

Yeah thats why I bought the beltech one. I figured hell would freeze over before this boondoggle got off the ground. Plus you have to drop the tank and I hate doing that so its a one and done for me...... lol.

​

I think a List should be started!!!

I am down for a rear set. truck already has a factory front and other manufactures make a front one that works, if someone wanted to change it out. It's the rear one that is difficult to make work with girdles and certain exhaust setups.

• 2 weeks later...