Tire pressure

Ms.KissMysS

I hope someone can help this may seem like a dumb question but I have a 04 ss silveraldo and It is lowered so the ride is a litle rougher than it would be stick height and with the stock tires. My question is what should I have as far as my tire pressure I got some 2o" LTZ'S and I'm not satisfied with the way It's riding and I just need to know what psi front and back j should roll?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Mine are at 35 all the way around. Never had one of these trucks before, so I'm no expert on how they should act. Mine seems a little "loose" in the rear end on bumpy roads. May just be the nature of the beast.

I don't think the PSI would make much of a difference on how the truck feels. If your truck is lower, more than likely has a different type of suspension which will make the ride feel rougher. When I bought my truck it was level and with a different shock and with the stock 20" wheels, I felt the ride rough, don't like it. Now more than likely I will have to change the shocks in order for it to feel smoother. That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong.

You right also.

I don't think the PSI would make much of a difference on how the truck feels. If your truck is lower, more than likely has a different type of suspension which will make the ride feel rougher. When I bought my truck it was level and with a different shock and with the stock 20" wheels, I felt the ride rough, don't like it. Now more than likely I will have to change the shocks in order for it to feel smoother. That's just my opinion, but I could be wrong.

You right also I can feel the difference if it's the suspension or the PSI in the tires but u did put 35 all the way around today and it's a little better. Now if i knew how to change my shocks and struts... being a chick sometimes isn't easy.. lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Yeah generally you wanna run the stock tire pressures because that's what it's suited for based on weight of the vehicle, carrying capacity, etc. Too low and it will ride mushy with bad handling, too high and it will ride rough as hell...and either way it will shorten tire life due to uneven wear.

Richard