Disable headlights

Blown 346

As some of you might know I got a new truck and I went to Canada to get it. They have a law where every vehicle has to have the daytime running lights on, and the auto headlights. This meand you cannot turn your headlights off at dusk even with the switch. I dont mind the running lights, i hate the auto headlights, You cannot tun them off like you can the U.S models where you just turn the headlight knob to the left and they go off.

As you know our trucks headlights will come on normally which I like. But I want to be able to turn the headligths and the parking lights off at the switch like my old use to be.

Anyone know how to do this? Ive been searching and its always remove the light sensor, or ht the dome override switch 4 times etc etc.

I just want simple.

From what I have read about it, a dealer should be able to reprogram your BCM to change it.

You are correct but my guess is they will charge about an hour labor to call and get a reflash and to upload......

Shit... I might have to talk to my Buddy who works at a GM dealer and see if he can hook me up. I was trying everything lastnight. It drives me nuts not being able to control something. lol