SS Newbie

• 24 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 06 June 2018 - 09:22 PM

I am thinking about installing an MMI Twin Turbo Kit on my truck. It already has a 4L80E transmission. The kit is on amazon. Anyway, what I am wanting is help on what else I will need to buy with the kit. I know I will need bigger injectors, I just dont know how many lbs/hr. I also plan on installing a high flow oil pump with this kit as well. I will be getting it tuned on a dyno after the install. I also plan on replacing the head gaskets, intake gaskets, and lifters at the same time. Thinking about a cam, but not sure where to go with that either. Looking for any advice that I can get. I am wanting to put around 600 horsepower to the ground. Not trying to get too crazy with the boost.

#2 wantaSSS

wantaSSS

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Year:2005

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:05 AM

a 450 pump and deka 80's will probably be maxed right about your goal on pump 92 . BUT if you think you will want more build the fuel system for more now! 2 450's and 210 injectors will support your goal on e85 and have room for more. I myself am looking at a little john motorsports(LJMS) stage 2 turbo cam. I am only giving advice on the research ive done.  I am by no means any kind of "expert".  hope this helps

Edited by wantaSSS, 07 June 2018 - 10:08 AM.

KB RACING TURBO KIT, HOLLEY HI RAM, LS3 T.B., 80LB DEKAS, HOLLEY FPR., 8AN FEED 6 RETURN. 450 PUMP. FLT LEVEL 6 , 2800 PI TRIPLE DISK, TRICKFLOW VAPOR KIT, MIGHTY MOUSE CATCH CAN, HYDROBOOST .  :pimp:

#3 MHARPER1

MHARPER1

SS Newbie

• 24 posts
  • Name:Michael
  • Year:2003

Posted 07 June 2018 - 10:22 AM

a 450 pump and deka 80's will probably be maxed right about your goal on pump 92 . BUT if you think you will want more build the fuel system for more now! 2 450's and 210 injectors will support your goal on e85 and have room for more. I myself am looking at a little john motorsports(LJMS) stage 2 turbo cam. I am only giving advice on the research ive done.  I am by no means any kind of "expert".  hope this helps

The problem is that E85 is not readily available where I live (Small Town West Tennessee), so 92 pump gas is the best I can do without buying cases of octane booster and putting some in every tank. So I think that the 450 pump and 80's may be the best route. I'm really not trying to go crazy with it. I still want it to be reliable and not blow the engine.

#4 wantaSSS

wantaSSS

Senior SS Member

• PipPip
  • 343 posts
  • Year:2005

Posted 08 June 2018 - 05:38 PM

I run only 92 myself not ready for e85 yet. I am running 8 to 9 lbs of boost and am using a 450 and 80's and still have room left . So it seems if thats what youre looking to do then a 450 and 80's will work fine. I ran a -8 feed and used the stock feed as my return line.  

Edited by wantaSSS, 08 June 2018 - 05:39 PM.

KB RACING TURBO KIT, HOLLEY HI RAM, LS3 T.B., 80LB DEKAS, HOLLEY FPR., 8AN FEED 6 RETURN. 450 PUMP. FLT LEVEL 6 , 2800 PI TRIPLE DISK, TRICKFLOW VAPOR KIT, MIGHTY MOUSE CATCH CAN, HYDROBOOST .  :pimp:

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Help, Turbo install, Twin turbo kit, Advice

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users