Foglights

UNA_06SS

Wiring's right there on my 2006, they tend to wrap them up into the area above them a little bit but should be very easy to find. I'd squirt some DeOxit cleaner in there since the connections have been sitting exposed to the elements for so many years, or you're gonna have problems especially if you run the stock type halogen capsules that draw a lot of power. DeOxit is good to have around anyway, stuff is practically magic for electrical connections.

Found mine wrapped around the bumper support bracket...

fogs1.jpg

I popped in an OEM foglight switch I got from another member and tested it; sockets are hot and ready to use.

Richard

Good to know thanks! I found the right side (passenger), but I still have to look for the left side. Hopefully I can get to it this weekend. Where can I get this DeOxit cleaner you are talking about?

Any decent electronics supply place if there's one near you, like Fry's. Sometimes guitar shops will have it, too. Or failing either of those, easy to find on Amazon. The DeOxit D5 is what you want; black/red label spray can 5 oz about $15.

Richard

• 1 month later...

So i finally found the wiring! took me about an hour or so because i was looking in the wrong area, but i had this diagram and the harness for the fogs is near the airbag sensors, its's 2 bright yellow plugs that you can see on both ends the wire was clipped with a little clamp into it's "factory area", this is the way GM did it in order to prevent people from noticing or out of the way, if you see the yellow plug look to the immediate left of that should be tucked on top of the frame, the wire colors are purple and black, I attached a picture of the airbag sensor plug I am talking about, this is the drivers side the plug for the harness was literally to the left of that I just could not see it because it was tucked up on top of the frame...

George

post-27588-0-90409900-1533971689_thumb.jpg

post-27588-0-03228700-1533972449_thumb.jpg

Glad you found it. Now its time for the 6 High Mod. I also have instructions and pics of how to do that with resistors. text if you want pics of where to place them. You will need to get a simple relay as well for the fogs, and fog light switch.

847-489-1982 Mike

Glad you found it. Now its time for the 6 High Mod. I also have instructions and pics of how to do that with resistors. text if you want pics of where to place them. You will need to get a simple relay as well for the fogs, and fog light switch.

847-489-1982

what is the 6 high mod? :huh: lol