Sign in to follow this  
Ragnarok0451

03 SS stock 1/8th mile time

Well finally decided to take the truck to the track. Made about 10 passes. Consistently between 9.83 and 9.87. Once it got later in the evening and cooled down more made the fastest pass of the day at 9.78. Only thing done is a k&n intake and magnaflow muffler. Going this Thursday to have headers and mid pipes installed along with a tune. Looking forward to seeing what kind of difference it makes. Anyone have any guesses for me?

Thanks boss. No clue what to expect but I'll take any improvement I can get

Thanks boss. No clue what to expect but I'll take any improvement I can get

Yup; Any improvement is good, huh? Keeps us interested in modding.

Will be watching. Thought about running mine. May make a test and tune this fall.

Well finally decided to take the truck to the track. Made about 10 passes. Consistently between 9.83 and 9.87. Once it got later in the evening and cooled down more made the fastest pass of the day at 9.78. Only thing done is a k&n intake and magnaflow muffler. Going this Thursday to have headers and mid pipes installed along with a tune. Looking forward to seeing what kind of difference it makes. Anyone have any guesses for me?

That's all I have done to my SS but never took it to the track.. hmmm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Havent been able to run it with the headers installed due to the weather around here. Tracks havent been open because of the constant rain. Also havent had ot tuned yet. Going Tuesday for the tune and will hopefully get to go to the track the following Thursday weather permitting

Does it feel stronger with the headers?

Yea it will, with a tune even on a stock truck you will feel a difference as manufactures always have vehicles de tuned if you want to put i that way.