Input from anyone that has done flip kit on SS

Ive been wanting to go lower on my 05 2wd SS for a while I even bought the belltech shackle, hanger and keys for a 3-4 drop, Im only 2-2 now with shackles and spindles. After seeing several pics of 3-4 drops on SS Im not really convinced of the stance then I saw a pic of a member (kaze_v8) and read that he is at 4-5 drop with flip kit on rear and dam that truck looks bad ass and now leaning towards doing a flip kit on mine.. Ive never done a flip kit before and have no issues with notching the frame and I just got some 275 45 20s tires on stocks so my questions are 1.can I used the keys for another 2in up front since I have spindles already?? 2. When doing a flip kit do I have to do anything with the 2pc drive shaft?? 3.Will it line up correctly?? 4.Would I have to use shims? 5. Will the diff hit the bed?? 6.Will my 45s tires rub?? Thanks in advance and anything else that I should be concerned of let me know!!

My truck had the frame notched welded and bolted, new driveshafts made due to pinon angle, I had to use some smaller pieces of leaf spring for the rear and buy different bump stops. My diff doesnt hit the bed at all. You will possibly rub with the sidewall height. I have 40 and I have been real close before. I dont rub until Im at full lock with the steering wheel when turned against the wheel well liner. Ive got a whole different suspension as well that is all aftermarket. Caltrac bars, shocks, sway bars bars, everything is polyurethane, even 2500 HD tie rod ends.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

3/5 on my 03. flip kit and lift hangers in the rear and Bolt on c notch from mcgaughys and beltech street performance shocks. Rolled the bed sides and no rubbing at all on 305/40/22.

3/5 on my 03. flip kit and lift hangers in the rear and Bolt on c notch from mcgaughys and beltech street performance shocks. Rolled the bed sides and no rubbing at all on 305/40/22.

• 7 months later...