Which brake setup is best?

Hey guys, i was looking to upgrade the brake system in my SS as it has the original one still and it is not very good for braking or so I've noticed... what system is a great replacement but won't break the bank? (Wilwood). Or what may i modify in order to get better braking performance? Any input would be greatly appreciated oh and information about the brakes on these trucks as i know nothing about the ones on these trucks.. maybe links?

George

Edited by Silverado_George (see edit history)

hydroboost hands down is the best bang for the buck upgrade. get stainless lines too. I did mine and would never drive another ss without it. I might also do the 07+ tahoe brake setup on the front for 1in bigger rotor setup.

He has an 06 which has the larger front brakes. Some folks have done the Z06 upgrade. GM makes a brembo kit that you can put on the new trucks. I bet it could be adapted to the 06 and later trucks but I havent looked much into it......

Edited by BigRed06 (see edit history)

​

He has an 06 which has the larger front brakes. Some folks have done the Z06 upgrade. GM makes a brembo kit that you can put on the new trucks. I bet it could be adapted to the 06 and later trucks but I havent looked much into it......

I have an 04 lol so all disc brakes, just looking to do something to the brake setup to improve performance

If you dont wan tto spend alot of money off the bat, a good set of cross drilled and slotted rotors and some good pads will help. Then hydraboost and a big brake kit. But a whole brake kit isnt cheap. I have hydraboost and a Baer complete brake kit with larger rotors everything, and I can stop on a dime. But there is alot of money in that.

â

I have an 04 lol so all disc brakes, just looking to do something to the brake setup to improve performance

Ha for some reason I thought you had a Intimadator..... got you confused with another member.....

​

If you dont wan tto spend alot of money off the bat, a good set of cross drilled and slotted rotors and some good pads will help. Then hydraboost and a big brake kit. But a whole brake kit isnt cheap. I have hydraboost and a Baer complete brake kit with larger rotors everything, and I can stop on a dime. But there is alot of money in that.

Any links to exact product recommendations?

Ha for some reason I thought you had a Intimadator..... got you confused with another member.....

No lol i wish :sleep: haha na i'm fine with my 04' :thumbsup: