What did you do to your SS today?

I'll start, this is on other forums I on and keeps everyone updated to what your working on.

03 SSS, Remove my cluster and its on its way to gmgaugeguy.com for a rebuild.

03 SSS clone short box, looking for a good painter to either touch up paint or do a total repaint.

Guy i bought my SS from had a whole sound system with amps, speakers, woofers, and a measly and outdated deck on there with no Bluetooth connectivity or aux cord connection so i went out and got a nice JVC deck with all the works. Cluster had the typical problems that these trucks have so i sent it to gmgaugeguy to get rebuilt, had no tints so i went and limo'd it all the way around :jester:. The truck didn't have an alarm so i went out and had a 2 way alarm installed, yeah pretty much it. It also came with JBA shorty headers, S & B Cold air intake, MSD wires, throttle body spacer, and LED headlights, and a magnaflow exhaust system, funny thing is i was planning to do all that exact stuff myself and it already came with it haha go figure :chevy:

Just replaced the tailgate handle and bezel since it magically broke, and my stuff flew out the bed while in a test drive after I installed my rear shocks. What sucks is my OEM professionally tinted tail lights were in a box that fell wide open on the street and messed up the tint job. :angry:

Edited by PaulitoIntimidatorSS (see edit history)

I did admire the sexy beast today! A car cover is in the immediate future. It gets dusty in my shop (since grass cutting season has begun).

It got washed this weekend! I have a few items to tackle in the coming months...

Going to put some less aggressive tires on it in the near future. The ones on it are almost new, but make a little noise. I want it smooth and quite. If I wanted noise, I would have kept my diesel! Looking at General HTS60s. They are very smooth and quite on my son's Suburban, and have a great wear index. They're also 117 load index, so I can air them up to 51 PSI when I hook-up the trailer.

Speaking of trailer towing, I'm having problems with the factory trailer wiring. I'm sure I'll be asking for expert's seasoned advice when I get into it!

A custom tune is going to be scheduled, along with some trans parts to firm up the shifts a little. Going to add a case saver, pump cover and a new transfer case chain while I have it on the lift. Trans and transfer case refill with Allison Transynd fluid for good measure.

I try to drive it every Sunday to church (weather permitting, only on dry days!). It gets lots of comments. I've only seen one other, in person, since I got it three months ago (a ISSS, no less).

Edited by FASTDIESEL (see edit history)

I always jump in and drive mine in good weather, but roads are so poor, patch repair on asphalt make road very bumpy i've bottomed out a couple times Oh well planning for a paint job soon

Just got mine out this weekend and on Sat. had 300 lbs of sand in the box for a sand box (yes I use it from time to time as a truck) the wife and 2yr old daughter with. took down a G37X you shoulda seen his face haha. maybe should post that in STREET? Looking into cams...

Edited by wantaSSS (see edit history)

This is not a diss - just be sure keep your old coils stashed somewhere safe where you can find them easily. MSD does make some good stuff but some of their coil products do not have a good lifespan. If it starts acting up you'll want your known-good OEM coils handy to swap in.

Richard

p.s. oh yeah and that bulky unit on top of your engine those are known to be defective too and cause all kinds of problems. Send it to me for safe disposal and I've got a stock setup you can bolt on........ :D

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

• 1 month later...