Man this place is dead!

EXGM

I picked up my ISS in March of this year! I totally see the insecurity part. I dont like it but for deterant I added a column lock. Im in Cali as well.... LA. The truck game here is big so theres a demand on parts. Sucks that you cant even go out and have a nice dinner without having to check up or feel like someone may take it. My buddy had a ISS and they stole it and never recovered it. They frequently checked on him until he slipped. He now has another ISS. He was determined to get one and finally got it a year ago. N yup here ppl are mature compared to FB and all that. You ask a hosest question and get honest answers.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is social media with people using "real names" was supposed to keep everyone civil, for the most part. Yet facebook knockoffs of web forums is where more jackassery happens than on the forums themselves, seems to almost always be the case! The forum may be slow by comparison but I'll stick with it for better quality conversation..

Richard

Hey El Yeff I stay in LA too, hopefully we can run into each other. Its hard to see people here in LA with an ISS. As for the column lock, thats a good idea. Where did you get yours?

Im guessing you are right Richard regarding social media. FB never caught my attention, so I have never opened an account, but the people that I know and have one say its pure drama lol. I will stick to this site and ask questions and make friends.

Edited by UNA_06SS (see edit history)

This place is dead compared to what it was, when they ISS was introduced was about the height of the action here. As said, all the forums died off, the vehicle specific ones especially... it's a bummer. If you had an issue you could get a resolution in minutes! I don't have facebook so I just lurk around here, PT.net, LS1tech, and YB. I was tempted to start a FB just to stay in touch with the truck guys!

Your right, this site was on the move constantly. I honestly am part of about 5 other groups on FB and there are members here there to. The ones I have talked to and sold things to thru FB SSS or just Silverado pages are very nice. I do agree, I asked a question about a week ago and still never got a response, I had to look on Google to find my problem and it was a easy factory 2 Amp fuse that blew for my steering wheel lights.

I was around back in 08 (Still can't find my old account though) and this place was killer for mods and info.. I hate fb, but it seems that;s the way the car/truck community is going towards.. still like all the old how to's etc. om here.

I know a few other SS owners around here yet i don't even think they know that this forum exists! :sleep: would be cool, but as stated above, the thrill to most people of these trucks is gone.. they either decide that the technology is outdated in them and opt to trade theirs in for a new Silverado with all of the modern works or they just lose interest in it in general and trade up for something new. I for one had a choice of either getting a brand new 2018 Silverado from the dealership but I just fell in love with these trucks the first time I saw them and knew I had to have one! :jester:

George

I pop in every now and again. My truck is a time capsule not to be opened until I die LOL. I've done quite a few things and made a few mistakes along the way as well. But as it sits it is real fun to drive. Since I don't show up a lot if anyone has any questions just message me and I will see it in my email. It is always fun to talk SSS with someone. I still get people asking if its new and they are surprised when I say its an 03' with 57k. Which just turned this summer. I've put maybe 7k on it in 11 years.