AWD vs. RWD

Hey guys just wanting to gather some information out of curiosity but which would win in a straight race or launch faster? A bone stock AWD SS or a stock RWD SS and why? Which trucks or cars can the SS beat in a straight out quarter mile race? Wanted to see how fast my SS is as i don't know much about it's capabilities yet,

George

Awd launches instantly rwd you stay burning out a bit... theres a lot of debate on which is faster... some say theyre the same.. Ive been on both my friends awd and I drive a rwd.. I love my rwd I just turn off the trac every time I drive it.. when the traction kicks in it feels like it takes longer for the power to kick in thats why I turn it off... it feels looser when its off but it gets it going faster

Edited by matslp488 (see edit history)

The AWD will most definitely launch faster but the RWD is lighter and has higher gears so it will reel the AWD in.

Years ago I raced a similarly modded RWD in my AWD. I came off the line much faster and my 1/8 of a mile time and speed were much higher, but it beat me in the quarter.

It was in Phoenix at 100+ degrees do the time were slow. He beat me 15.03 to 15.04 and was about 4mph faster

Tried to upload the video but it did not work

Edited by diggerdan11 (see edit history)