Anyone here have a Beltec rear sway bar?

EXGM

Just wondering if anyone here has a Beltec 5502 rear swaybar? If you do give me your thoughts.... I am thinking of getting this bar as the Hotchkis is long discontinued.....

Haven't used the Belltech sway bars on anything but had good luck with Hellwig on previous generation trucks. Have you looked into them?

They have 2 different rear bars for these trucks, about a $40 price difference between the two with the more expensive bar being shown for SS's - however the application notes on Summit show all being 4WD if you pick SS so I don't know if I would order without calling Hellwig themselves and being sure you order the right bar. The cheaper bar doesn't show any application for SS but are all RWD and some notes on lowered applications.

#7800 and #7634 are the two you would want to check out further.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

It seems that the Belltec one mounts forward like the discontinued Hotchkis bar. All the others mentioned above mount to the rear and my truck has a custom exhaust that I am not sure will clear. I dont want to take a chance on a non fit so Im leaning towards the front mount style. I would love to get my hands on the Hotchkis bar but I havent had any luck locating one......

Get an Escalade esv rear bar fits with a Moser rear end cover and corsa exhaust as I was told it wouldnt mine isnt even close to cause problems with Exhaust.

What does it take to install?

How different is the coil spring mounting?

Would that sway bar be the same on all the Tahoe, Escalade, Yukon, Suburban?

I got a sway bar from a ESV Escalade with the end links it might be the same as others

Pro Comp MX6R shock mount to mount the end links to the frame

Energy Suspension swaybar bushing kit

Get an exhaust clamp that fits the bushing kit I believe it was 3” keep in mind it is gonna wrap around your rearend and your swaybar bushing kit is gonna mount and bolt down once you mount the bar to the rearend you’ll find where your end links will want to mount it’s pretty simple after you get it mounted mine has been on for a couple years Problem Free and Handles much better then stock without it and if you can find the bar cheap with end links the other parts are not much money it was winter I didn’t wanna search so I just bought one from EBay with end links think it was $110 shipped local salvage yard would charge way less think I got a price of $40 I just was all set to cold outside and snow I had around $150 total give me some time and I’ll get pictures.

Its a simple bolt on. A member in here did a nice write up on a junkyard bar they robbed from a Tahoe I believe. Just do a search.....

Im fairly sure the same bar was used across all the GMT utes so wouldnt matter what you grabbed it from.

Ima follow up on this... been wanting to install one on my truck...

My truck and everything I own is in storage right now until our house is finished. Next time I go by to check on everything I plan to look at truck and see if the Belltec bar will clear my exhaust. Ill keep you posted..... once I get my lift set up at the new house Ill put it on the SSS.