Need some help, too low for me.

Solhays85

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not the appearance that bothers me. It does look killer slammed like it is. It's just the fact that I pretty much can't use the truck. With my girlfriend and her 2 teenagers in the truck with me, we bottomed out on nearly every bump in the road. Here in Spokane, we've got some nasty roads with some very bad potholes. Along with that, I can't use the truck to haul off stuff from the yard and house. We are planning on doing some remodeling inside the house but we can't get rid of anything until this truck doesn't bottom out and can turn without rubbing. Lol.

i dropped my front leaf springs 2" and looking at your video and my truck. I think your after market front hanger is more From the bottom of the frame to center of pin is about 5"

i dropped my front leaf springs 2" and looking at your video and my truck. I think your after market front hanger is more From the bottom of the frame to center of pin is about 5"

Crap. Stock hangers are pretty expensive. But, if it's what I need, it's what I'll buy. One of my problems is, I don't know how the geometry works on these trucks. I drive a lowered Subaru Forester XT, it's super simple, STi springs and WRX struts, that's it. Lol. So, if I replace the rear shackles and rear leaf springs, could I leave the front hangers alone? Or do I need to replace the hangers, leaf springs and get 2in drop shackles?

No blocks. I read that the SS didn't come with them. So it seems that the leafs are lowering leafs, shackles and hangers. Or the leaf springs are just very flat because of the shackles and hangers male the rear really low.

That's good to hear. Thank you. I'm so used to my Subaru, everything is interchangeable on those cars. It was super easy to lower my Forester XT with factory parts from other cars and it made a measurable difference in performance and I never have issues. I'm used to trucks being stock height and having engine mods at most.