New Truck

Silverado_George

A little different when you already had a vehicle stolen. I drive mine everywhere even though i bought a beater for that. It is true though that it kinda defeats the purpose if you cant enjoy it

I say just enjoy the truck and drive it.. its not like thieves are just looking for our trucks.. there are way nicer and more expensive cars out there and people still drive them everywhere... Im not saying not to add stuff that will help prevent getting it stolen, but whats the case of spending 20K or whatever you spent on it just to stare at it in the garage.. just enjoy your truck bro and dont be all paranoid about it.. itll suck for you and your family if you cant even go grocery shopping without being in a rush just because you think the truck is gonna get stolen.. just saying

True man, very good points :thumbsup: I have to enjoy the truck i just bought with really low mileage or else what's the point? I however have to take my precautions and do everything in my power to protect my investment.. tomorrow as soon as i pick up the truck from the guy I am going to take it straight to get a Viper alarm with 2-way pager and GPS installed, thanks for all the input guys! :thumbsup:

I agree you should enjoy the truck. But where you are located is where a ton of these trucks have been stolen right in the driveway within minutes. There was a member on here who had that happen, he just got home, puled in his driveway and boom they grabbed his truck when h went inside.

Alarm or not like said if they want it it will be gone. No club, will do it when it can be towed, nobody is going to even say anything about that, It looks like a repo at that point. Even with an alarm and a pager remote which I have and its a Viper. It so easy for these people to dis arm them without even you being notified.

I get all the wheel locks, steering wheel clubs etc. all of those are removed with seconds these days. In the 80's when those first came out no way would anyone try and steel a vehicle with one. These days, People could steal a squad from the police station and get away with it.

To be honest I bought a ton of different add ons for my viper and never used them like the tilt sensor, battery back up etc. No glass break sensor as it doesnt work like you think. It goes off sound, if you smash a window with a rock it will go off. If you use something else, Im not going to say what but it wont hear the decibal its meant to hear and it wont go off.

even just the normal alarm I have noticed due to how large these trucks are, and where the actual sensor is located for someone hitting it to go off. I spent hours until I finally found a place mount it on part of the inside of the metal, not sheet metal but steel. Then the sensor was able to pick up vibration and maybe have the alarm give a warning. Mine was good from the cab to the front of the truck. The further back you went to the back of the truck and it got worse and worse due to all the length of the truck. Mind you this is with my sensor being on the highest sensitivity.

The Club is a joke. As mentioned all they will do is cut the steering wheel. There's also a way to break the club without even damaging the wheel, but I'm not going to go into that.

Another thing about the Club is this: these trucks do not have a locking steering column. This makes them slightly more tricky to steal with a tow truck, because your truck will swing all over the road as they try to get away with it, forcing them to stop and deal with that. If you have a Club on there it will only let the wheel turn a little bit, making their job easier. This coming from direct experience with towing...

Richard

Just picked her up guys, she's home i couldn't get to the alarm installation shop to get a nice alarm installed however it has a club on it right now, factory alarm, and i blocked off my driveway with my other chevy truck so that they could not tow it.. i feel a bit at ease but not as much as i would if i had a VIper alarm on there