Because Racetruck

psualumni

GM doesnt care for making performance trucks because theres not a market for them..most people will buy a loaded crew cab or even a dually for less and use it as a truck.... seriously who in the world would spend 100K for a single cab truck?? You gotta really want it to spend that much on it... You can build your own for a lot less... at 100K youre already hitting exotic car territory....

I agree there is no way I would pay 100k for a truck, I would build my own for much less. The point being GM could produce in mass a Silverado SS in the price range of a LTZ. They still make SS packages on so many other Chevrolet models, don't tell me they are loosing money. Don't tell me there is no market either. Ram and Ford sales numbers justify the production of the Rebel and Raptor, as would the production of a Silverado SS. Obviously people still want trucks like this, that's why this site is around and someone made the SYC Silverado. It's a small niche I understand, but it exists.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

What I don't understand is why "performance" vehicles need navigation, headed seats, cooled seats, heated steering wheels, climate control and all that other bs. Granted I love that my truck has some of said features but I'd rather have a coyote mustang with just the basics. Crank windows, manual locks and regular a/c. How much cheaper would they be? How much lighter would they be? Automobile manufacturers have been skewed by the rich. Offer a striped down model for the working man.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Well GM and Chrysler did go bankrupt. I'd take a raptor for a new sport truck, and mustang gt for sports car. Ford announced the new raptor will be around I think I saw 45k range, and the new gt starts around 32k.

Would you pay that kinda cash if you had bottomless pockets?Would you pay that kinda cash if you had bottomless pockets?

Nope, if I wanted a truck with that power I'd get a hellcat or demon

I'd pay $50 - $60k for a short cab bells and whistles 6.2l supercharged 2019 Silverado SS with a 6 speed manual transmission and 4WD. All ordered from the dealer with factory warranty. Just sayin'.

Edited by psualumni (see edit history)

I'd pay $50 - $60k for a short cab bells and whistles 6.2l supercharged 2019 Silverado SS with a 6 speed manual transmission and 4WD. All ordered from the dealer with factory warranty. Just sayin'.

Its not 50-60k though. Its like 100k

Yeah, I know. I think that's excessive too. Read my previous posts. That's just my opinion on what a 2019 Silverado SS should cost. My point of this entire thread is Chevrolet should produce a Silverado in the SS package around the LTZ Z71 package price range. I think that would sell, and I would buy it.

No. I'd build something better.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I think a lot of us on here are more into building and customization vs buying it off the shelf. Even if the vehicle had all the 'bells and whistles', we'd still find something to do to it. Edited by Rholston (see edit history)