06 Intimidator SS value?

bolo185

Hi all, I read posts here occasionally but I rarely post, but I've decided to sell my 06 Intimidator SS. I know Kelly bluebook shows one value, but a vehicle that is difficult or rare to find would be worth more I'd think.

I cant find any SS Intimidators for sale anywhere doing a google search to judge prices. Anyway mines a genuine Intimidator SS in great shape, some small scratches and paint chips from being 12 yrs old, with only 88k miles on it. Any help in getting a ballpark value on these trucks would be appreciated. I'm in Northern CA. I attached a couple pics but can add more on request

Thanks in advance for any replies.

post-28803-0-61318600-1519148622_thumb.jpg

post-28803-0-04921300-1519148648_thumb.jpg

post-28803-0-35321800-1519148679_thumb.jpg

I've been shopping hot-and-heavy for the past 2 months. I've only seen a couple of ISS. Your's compares to ones I've seen in the $25K range. Just a ballpark. It's worth whatever someone will pay. Put it out there...

I know quite a bit about these trucks, there is one for sale in sacramento at a dealership, they want 25k for it and it has 101k miles on the odometer, that is just insane and without a certificate of authenticity saying what truck number it is.. KBB has it right on the money at 16-17k. i suppose it is worth what someone would pay for it as is anything but a fair and right price would be around there.. there was a forum member named tony selling one 2 years ago on here with a certificate saying it was truck number 543 and he was selling it for 17k with 90k on the meter i believe..

Hi all, I read posts here occasionally but I rarely post, but I've decided to sell my 06 Intimidator SS. I know Kelly bluebook shows one value, but a vehicle that is difficult or rare to find would be worth more I'd think.

I cant find any SS Intimidators for sale anywhere doing a google search to judge prices. Anyway mines a genuine Intimidator SS in great shape, some small scratches and paint chips from being 12 yrs old, with only 88k miles on it. Any help in getting a ballpark value on these trucks would be appreciated. I'm in Northern CA. I attached a couple pics but can add more on request

Thanks in advance for any replies.

I am in Oakland and am interested, i sent you a message, check your inbox

George

Edited by Silverado_George (see edit history)

I hate to break it to ya but you may only get a $1000-$1500 premium over a regular ol SS. They are not super race vehicle as one would think. At the end of the day it just a used truck with some added tack on stuff that a regular SS didn't have. Also your going to find that most banks won't finance something that old so it may have to wait for a cash buyer..... At the end of the day it's only worth what someone is willing to pay....

I hate to break it to ya but you may only get a $1000-$1500 premium over a regular ol SS. They are not super race vehicle as one would think. At the end of the day it just a used truck with some added tack on stuff that a regular SS didn't have. Also your going to find that most banks won't finance something that old so it may have to wait for a cash buyer..... At the end of the day it's only worth what someone is willing to pay....

that or trade it in to a dealer to put towards something newer as they would give him bluebook value..

I agree, its the Dale Earnhardt that makes the value and the spoiler that GM used. Its like finding a 2003 SSS with 4,000 miles on it and you thinking its worth $40,000 due to the miles. And its not. Once a vehicle becomes 25 years old it is considered a classic, like the old muscle cars from 60's but in this era. Then if are kept up and have lower mileage they will become worth more. But value on any vehicle will go up and down like the stock market, You buy a motorcycle in winter you get a hell of a deal. You buy one in spring or summer and people charge what they want as those will be sold.

I have seen some sell for $17K to $25. but those people who ask more end up sitting on them for well over a year until that right person comes thru.Start a little higher than KBB for private seller. Leave $2,000 of wiggle room, and wait and see if someone just buys it. most likely they will make a offer. then just go off that.

Thanks for everyone's input, I agree with most everything said here except that it's just a used truck with extra stuff. To some it may be, but it's not like it was a stock truck that the owner just slapped emblems or extra parts on it, it's a one-year-only factory special edition truck where there are very few available today so I think the rarity of being a one year produced Earnhardt edition, and only 933 sold, add to the value. Sorta like the Harley CVO models, only a certain number produced each year with factory modifications, usually draws more $$$. Not to mention the SS Intimidators are pretty bad ass looking trucks....

Like most people said, bottom line is how bad someone wants it and what they are willing to pay. To some it may be worth 15k, maybe someone else $25k. I was just looking for some input on value cause I dont get on the forum much and I'm sure most of you here know your SS stuff.

I may advertise it like Blown346 suggested, start a little high with wiggle room and see what happens. Dont have to sell it, it stays garaged and is rarely driven so the 88k miles wont grow very fast. So if I sell it, or have it another year, or end up keeping it, it's all good.

Thanks all for your input!

What's different from a normal ss? I see different head rests, and the sun roof. One thing if you really want to sell it put it on autotrader. I gave up buying just about anything off craigslist.

The big main differences are they only made 933 of them, they are the Dale Earnhardt edition or (Intimidator) and are rear wheel drive only. They also come with a spoiler. and the grill looks different than the 03 to 05's. They are also worth more money as any Silverado SS that gets totaled they become more desirable.

Edited by Blown 346 (see edit history)

Still don't get the hang-up on the certificate. Trucks change hands, they get lost. Doesn't make it any less of an Intimidator..

Richard

The issue with this is when you go to sell it. People make clones all the time, the certificate gives you the number vehicle out of the 933 that were sold. Its basically the birth certificate for this truck. Otherwise any title will just state Silverado 1500 ext cab, since the ss was a options package. Just like a camaro SS, it woud only state Z28 as that is how it was made then shipped off to SLP to have the appearance package installed.

The issue with this is when you go to sell it. People make clones all the time, the certificate gives you the number vehicle out of the 933 that were sold. Its basically the birth certificate for this truck. Otherwise any title will just state Silverado 1500 ext cab, since the ss was a options package. Just like a camaro SS, it woud only state Z28 as that is how it was made then shipped off to SLP to have the appearance package installed.

You cant fake a SSS an ISS or SS Fbody. Just need to look at the SPID label in the glove box. Look for the right RPO codes. The VIN is also on the label so you can authenticate it. In my opinion why a ISS wont bring big money is it doesnt differ performance wise over a regular SSS. All the ISS package got You was some badges a spoiler and some busy headrests. Yes you got a COA but unless your a diehard Dale fan..... and lets face it hes been gone a long time..... if you want big money it has to have Zero miles. 88k while low isnt exactly new. I have 71k on my Red 06 which from a color standpoint is the most rare for 06.