SS Newbie

• 6 posts
  • Name:jessup
  • Owns:SS
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2006
  • Drivetrain:2WD

Posted 10 February 2018 - 10:22 PM

My other truck is a 85 c10 . it's got a built 327 .40 over and I put a lunati bracket master II in it with 515./.515 lift and .300 /.300 duration.
Now when I did it I ended up with a used Pete Jackson noisy gear drive. When installing cam it called for 3 Or 4 degrees of advancement. Gear drive only came with on cam degree bushing and that was the 0° one.

So I went ahead finished up and broke in cam everything went well. Now I'm to the point of my post.

Its not running real strong on the bottom end and I know advancing the degree angle will gain low end torque and my distributors vacuum can is touching carb it's advanced so much.

Pete Jackson has went pout of business and I don't know where to get the degree bushings. Summit has degree bushing from multiple brands but i dont know if they'll work. Has anyone had anything similar of an issue and can help me out here??

#2 FASTDIESEL

FASTDIESEL

SS Member

• Pip
  • 66 posts
  • Name:Jimmy Ray
  • Color:Victory Red
  • Year:2005
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 11 February 2018 - 04:57 PM

So, did you degree the cam into verify numbers (especially TDC)? Also, Check it with a timing light to verify where your timing actually is. There have been different balancers/markings/timing tabs over the years. Until you find actual TDC, you're just guessing.

#3 chevybowtie72

chevybowtie72

SS Member

• Pip
  • 143 posts
  • Color:Black
  • Year:2003
  • Drivetrain:AWD

Posted 11 February 2018 - 10:44 PM

More made for mid to top end then down low. May need a stall and gears.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users