Lowering my ISS soon...need pics

Distracted

I will be getting my ISS lowered on Tuesday. Using the Norcal SS DJM lowering kit plus DJM upper A-arms. Would like to see both drops on stock rims....DJM 2-3/3-4. I am worried that 3-4 may be too low or that a 2/3 may not be enough. I also purchased a set of CK160 GM Wheels and a set of 285/45R22. I looked through our site, but have been having a tough time finding them...

post-28232-0-15546800-1518305885_thumb.jpg

Edited by Distracted (see edit history)

Could be wrong but I think Tony was suggesting 285/40/22 for a better fit. 285/45/22 is what's common out there because it's an OEM size. That's what is on my truck right now at stock height, but I had bought 285/40's for when I was going to drop it.

Richard

It was Tonys (NorcalSS) DJM kit with Belltech shocks and DJM upper control arms. Was shooting for a 2/3 and see what it looked like.

To start off they didn't measure the truck before they started to have baseline measurements. They didn't mark the torsion bar adjust bolt,before they removed the torsion bar. So when the truck was dropped they just put the bolt back to whatever they believe it was. They didn't use all the parts included in the kit ie washers on the upper ball joint, said stuff wasn't needed. Many many bolts and nuts either way to tight or not tight enough. Used impact wrench where they shouldn't have. Didn't torque down anything. Control arm bolts super tight.

Was told that they couldn't align the truck properly due to the DJM upper control arms. Who knows if that's even the problem

• 2 weeks later...

I used the same kit, I torqued mine down lower after the initial drop because It was not low enough for me. I forgot what they are called but I couldn't have mine aligned properly after either until I bought the control arm "shims" that could be adjusted further than the stock. Not sure if this helps or not. I never took pictures with the stock wheels and tires because they wouldn't fit after the drop.