Off-road tires

Martinet83

A lot of factors will go into that choice. A little info would help us out in that. Did you lift or plan to lift it? Stock wheels or you going with a diff wheel package? What are your ideas of what you expect or want out of the truck? Do you want a street truck or do you want it to be a mild off road looking 4wd kinda truck then? (Assuming so from the tire idea so far).

I personally wouldt choose a set of off road tires at all ever, no matter which ones, but the SS was made for, and is a sport/street truck and that's what, in my case, I intend to use it for its whole life so wouldt make sense in my case.

• 3 weeks later...

I think what he means is Deegan 38. They have an A/T and a M/T version. The A/T is very Street a bowl and is something you would see on a brand new Z 71. I have the M/T version and they are very aggressive but awesome in the snow and ice as well as Offroad but as one would expect they are noisy Also depending on what size you pick they might be LT tires which makes them much heavier and harder ride. Look up my album you'll see my Offroad SS with Nitto Terra Grapplers. Attached is a crappy pic of degan 38 M/T. I'm running 35x12.5x20 tires on stock rims, which cannot be done on a stock truck but they have many other sizes.

Do it http://www.fourwheeler.com/features/0709or-2003-chevy-silverado-ss-awd/

Any other questions ask away

post-29440-0-47666000-1519134883_thumb.png

Edited by yanrider (see edit history)

From what iv used the bfg ko is probably the best truck tire iv used. The ram I used to have with those on it would plow through massive amounts of snow and never slow down.

Never tried it in sand which we dont really have in minnesota, or mud never really went hunting much back then, and going *mudding* in a street truck is kinda pointless.

Edited by Amazi (see edit history)

What I seen lacking under the truck I wouldn't really try (Skid plate) catch something on the transmission and its kia. The average person yeah, but in northern minnesota iv been on some wicked no maintenance roads that I wouldn't take mine down.

So is it safe to say that its a "go almost anywhere pretty fast" kind of truck?

ive ripped mine in 2-3 ft of snow with 285/55/20 Nitto Dune Grappler E Load 5ply tires they are heavy tires but indestructible Awd drifting up snow covered mountain roads going into Rangeley Maine with a Trailer and 2 SnowMobiles thing goes any where you want with the right traction tires way better then any switchable 4x4 Z71 Edited by Aldofashow (see edit history)

I'd still take something with 4x4 and clearance for off-road. Yeah the ss works but it's not really made for it. It's a performance truck that GM used there brain sorta on it and offered it with awd, but without the skid plate or anything to protect anything under it. I wouldn't really push it past moderation use.

You could make it a first and put lockers in it or weld the spools hahaha.