Nissan Titan 18" steelies on SSS

CZBLK04SS

Dunno about the offset but what would concern me is that although the pattern is the same, 6x139.7mm (6x5.5"), there are two other minor differences.

Online references are a little sketchy to depend on but I believe the Titan has a center bore of 78.1mm, the Silverado is gonna be 78.3mm for the somewhat newer stuff like our SS's. Most stock wheels being hubcentric, that's gonna make them a no-go right there.

Also, the Titan uses 12mm wheel studs while our trucks use 14mm, so the lug holes in the wheels may not be quite large enough.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy (see edit history)

Dunno about the offset but what would concern me is that although the pattern is the same, 6x139.7mm (6x5.5"), there are two other minor differences.

Online references are a little sketchy to depend on but I believe the Titan has a center bore of 78.1mm, the Silverado is gonna be 78.3mm for the somewhat newer stuff like our SS's. Most stock wheels being hubcentric, that's gonna make them a no-go right there.

Also, the Titan uses 12mm wheel studs while our trucks use 14mm, so the lug holes in the wheels may not be quite large enough.

Richard

I see pictures of Silverado with titan wheels, you say the studs are 2mm different, how do they run them with that difference? Could you buy the plastic rings that come with after-market brand wheels to center them, and then torque down?

If you've seen more than a few with them, then people are probably getting away with bolt-and-go.

The stud size difference is a problem in some applications, it just all depends on how the wheel is made. For example some wheels that were made for the old squarebody C/K trucks with the 1/2" studs didn't work so well on the GMT400 (1988-1998) trucks because those use a 14mm stud. Other wheels (many) worked just fine, including the stock wheels from the squarebodies.

The bore difference wouldn't be made up with hubcentric rings because if you believe the online references, the Silverado has a larger hub bore - meaning the hole in the center of the Titan's wheel should be too small, if only by a couple millimeters. The references are sometimes wrong.

Again though if you've seen people running them then my advice would be go try 'em out. At least they're the same bolt pattern. Not like some of the modern Mopar guys that are running Ford wheels (they like the Cobra R replicas for drag wheels) - those are 5x114.3mm vs Mopar 5x115mm, while less than 1mm may not seem like much and they do "bolt up" it still isn't a good idea.

Richard

So I decided since they were cheap to just go ahead and try them. They actually fit pretty well. They fit tightly around the front and rear hub, but not too tightly that I had to force them on or off. The holes for the studs measured 14.85mm so there was no issue with them. The only issue I had was that I needed to cut about 3/8" off of the lower ball joint stud since I have the 2" Beltech drop spindles on the front. Now I just need to throw some Blizzaks on them and I'll be good to go.