Sign in to follow this  
Swsteve77

Hello from Michigan

Hi. I'm Steve and I just bought my buddies 2003 Silverado ss. It has almost 240000 miles on it. I joined because it got into a reck and I need the rear bumper cover. I am a welder for a living and I retired from the military.

Welcome,

You can get a brand new bumper cover if you look around a little bit - part # is 12335660 - about the best price I've seen is around $350, sounds like a lot but it originally listed at over $500. Hopefully your step pads are still good because those can be a bit pricey too. Small lower pad is part # 12335694, large top pad is part # 12335692

Used ones pop up from time to time, you may want to post a wanted ad in the classified section.

I've got a spare one but it's broken at the end from a crash and would need repair, though I do believe it's repairable for someone with plastic welding skills. Probably not cost-effective to ship this big piece though and still have to pay to fix it.

Richard

Edited by someotherguy
  • Upvote 1

Welcome,

You can get a brand new bumper cover if you look around a little bit - part # is 12335660 - about the best price I've seen is around $350, sounds like a lot but it originally listed at over $500. Hopefully your step pads are still good because those can be a bit pricey too. Small lower pad is part # 12335694, large top pad is part # 12335692

Used ones pop up from time to time, you may want to post a wanted ad in the classified section.

I've got a spare one but it's broken at the end from a crash and would need repair, though I do believe it's repairable for someone with plastic welding skills. Probably not cost-effective to ship this big piece though and still have to pay to fix it.

Richard

The step covers are good, just the cover is bad. I've been looking around and I'm thinking about fabing one up in steel. Thanks for the info!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk