Hanger kit**

matslp488

I used Mcgaughy's hangers on my single cab and they were built very well, was just a pain getting those rivets out of the frame to bolt them in. I would imagine most people around here are running belltech though.

I know that hangers are a PITA but any other issues with these??? Any squeaking after install??? Do you have a part #??did you notch your frame also?? Thanks in advance Edited by matslp488 (see edit history)

I know that hangers are a PITA but any other issues with these??? Any squeaking after install??? Do you have a part #??did you notch your frame also?? Thanks in advance

No issues and they were on for probably 2 years or so. I went back to the stock ones when I went lower as the rear would have been really low with shackles and hangers both.

Maybe some minor squeaking if I went up something really steep but I would say its my leafs rather than the hangers fault.

I can try and get a part number and get back to you! If you are set on not drilling anything out, I believe belltech makes a drop leaf. I would expect it to ride more stiff than the shackle/hanger combo, but much easier to reverse.

I was dropped 2/4 for a little while and hit the stop at times although I never replaced the bump-stops with the small pancake ones (due to fear of really slamming it hard if I bottomed out), instead I just cut the factory ones and drilled them.

I am dropped 5/7~ now and did notch the frame. I used the mcgaughys notch as the belltech one is cut a bit higher and a lot of people have to cut the brace under the bed as well as the frame (although this could be fixed by just running bigger bump-stops I suppose). If I did it again, I would probably use the belltech notch as it comes with a guide to line up on the frame to cut with if I remember correctly. I still haven't figured out how you are supposed to get the mcgaughys one 100% aligned since the axle will most likely move a little when it rises up.

It has been so long but if I am correct, I used mcgaughys c notch, spindles, shackles, and flip kit with belltech shocks and coils.

Edited by Thing1 (see edit history)

No issues and they were on for probably 2 years or so. I went back to the stock ones when I went lower as the rear would have been really low with shackles and hangers both.

Maybe some minor squeaking if I went up something really steep but I would say its my leafs rather than the hangers fault.

I can try and get a part number and get back to you! If you are set on not drilling anything out, I believe belltech makes a drop leaf. I would expect it to ride more stiff than the shackle/hanger combo, but much easier to reverse.

I was dropped 2/4 for a little while and hit the stop at times although I never replaced the bump-stops with the small pancake ones (due to fear of really slamming it hard if I bottomed out), instead I just cut the factory ones and drilled them.

I am dropped 5/7~ now and did notch the frame. I used the mcgaughys notch as the belltech one is cut a bit higher and a lot of people have to cut the brace under the bed as well as the frame (although this could be fixed by just running bigger bump-stops I suppose). If I did it again, I would probably use the belltech notch as it comes with a guide to line up on the frame to cut with if I remember correctly. I still haven't figured out how you are supposed to get the mcgaughys one 100% aligned since the axle will most likely move a little when it rises up.

It has been so long but if I am correct, I used mcgaughys c notch, spindles, shackles, and flip kit with belltech shocks and coils.

I'm 3-2 right now on the SS, belltech spindles, keys and shackles I have about 1.5-2 in of rake in the rear that's why I was thinking of hangers... yes let me know if you get any part #s...