2018 Silverado SS hmmmm???

RockHead

That's not a bad looking truck. Front fascia definitely looks better than most recent trucks, (Of all makes). I'm not a fan of four door pickups. I know they make a lot of sense for families, but I grew up in a time when a truck had room for one seat and two doors, period, and I live alone. No fan of four door cars either, gimme a coup.

I see their saving money on rubber. I'm no fan of that low a profile tire but I'm probably in the minority there two.

Yeah...those look like 24's? Maybe just running really low profile on the 22's that already exist in that design, I dunno. (by the way I'm confused by the VIN being displayed prominently on the tailgate?)

Not really a fan of half ton crew cabs myself, now if we're talking a crew cab dually that's another story and only with the longbed. As far as half tons go, extended cabs is where I'm at. That's what really got me excited about modern trucks is when the GMT400 extended cabs hit the scene. That's what got me out of 60's trucks. I'd already done a few squarebodies and hated them.

Anyway the concept looks like it might be what some have been asking for on the SS replacement. You can see it's got the big 6 piston Brembo's up front on some big rotors, if it's got that much stop it's bound to have some muscle under the hood, too.

Richard

Yeah...those look like 24's? Maybe just running really low profile on the 22's that already exist in that design, I dunno. (by the way I'm confused by the VIN being displayed prominently on the tailgate?)

Not really a fan of half ton crew cabs myself, now if we're talking a crew cab dually that's another story and only with the longbed. As far as half tons go, extended cabs is where I'm at. That's what really got me excited about modern trucks is when the GMT400 extended cabs hit the scene. That's what got me out of 60's trucks. I'd already done a few squarebodies and hated them.

Anyway the concept looks like it might be what some have been asking for on the SS replacement. You can see it's got the big 6 piston Brembo's up front on some big rotors, if it's got that much stop it's bound to have some muscle under the hood, too.

Richard

When I first saw that writing on the right edge of the tailgate I was wondering what kind of a model name is that?

Just for grins I googled the VIN.

1500 Silverado LTZ 4DR 4X4 pickup 5.3 Gasoline V8. Looks like a tin job for the show.

https://www.vincheckpro.com/free-vin-check/VIN-3GCUKSEC7HG256119

If this turns out to be true Johnny...... I’m all in brother

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got any bud's at a dealership John? There's gotta be away to look into it.

Are you still happy with the rebuild of your truck, post accident?

Take care Brother. Hope all is good with you.

It is only a concept and is at this sema show ... We will find out later on in the year

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

That will make the site happening again that would be awesome

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

When I first saw that writing on the right edge of the tailgate I was wondering what kind of a model name is that?

Just for grins I googled the VIN.

1500 Silverado LTZ 4DR 4X4 pickup 5.3 Gasoline V8. Looks like a tin job for the show.

https://www.vincheckpro.com/free-vin-check/VIN-3GCUKSEC7HG256119

Got any bud's at a dealership John? There's gotta be away to look into it.

Are you still happy with the rebuild of your truck, post accident?

Take care Brother. Hope all is good with you.

Still happy with her Johnny. Still just not the same as the ss. I need this in my life. Crew cab. Done up nicely with some balls. I definitely need this. Lol

Still happy with her Johnny. Still just not the same as the ss. I need this in my life. Crew cab. Done up nicely with some balls. I definitely need this. Lol

Good to hear that you'r happy with the repairs John. I know that I would really miss the SS. I know that there are newer trucks with more stock HP and later and greater "bells and whistles" but the SSS has the character that comes with a limited production vehicle that they haven't tried to copy in a good number of years.

If I had more years to work left in me I would buy a new truck but even then I would keep the SS until I was sure that I liked the new truck better.

I still like the concept of the Cheyenne 6.2 single cab street truck better to take the spot of the SS... it was a good idea for us street truck guys

:withstupid: I really want GM to build this truck. I'd buy one even if I am too old to pay it off before I quit working.

Here's a link in case anybody missed the memo.

https://jalopnik.com/the-420-hp-chevrolet-silverado-cheyenne-is-the-v8-truck-1458097662