Damn Knock Sensor..

Got the ole P0332 Knock Sensor error code. Intake manifold coming off!!

Just ordered all the parts required plus the camshaft position sensor and oil pressure switch since I'm already there. Anything I should be looking out for? Or any tips?

Edited by Distracted (see edit history)

I wrapped my knock sensor harness with exhaust wrap I had left over to protect it from the heat of the engine it gets brittle the wires on the one I pulled out were wasted and the sensor itself look like I pulled it out of the salt water in the Ocean a little high temp silicone on the rubber harness covers will prevent water from getting to the sensor your installing not sure if it’s the best way but I haven’t had any problems with mine and it’s been about 4 years now.

Sounds good.... thanks

When I do a repair, I usually go nuts. I did get a new harness, knock sensors, intake gaskets and new intake bolts, oil pressure switch, cam position sensor even a new valley plate and gasket with bolts.

post-28232-0-87928300-1507990810_thumb.jpg

Finished the work two days ago. Everything went well not a difficult job at all. She runs great again. Also went ahead and cleaned my throttle body. You'd be surprised how dirty they can get in a year. Here are some shots I took of what I found and how it turned out. Also found some markings underneath the valley cover.

post-28232-0-70343900-1507991110_thumb.jpg

post-28232-0-55560800-1507991363_thumb.jpg

post-28232-0-92061600-1507991376_thumb.jpg

post-28232-0-29160500-1507991386_thumb.jpg

post-28232-0-03326300-1507991393_thumb.jpg

Thanks brother... Original owner didn't believe in cleaning motors. She runs great again. Now looking into get a catch can installed to help keep the motor running a little cleaner.