Low Mileage 2003 6.0 (LQ9) Engine / Motor Value

Popfizz7

I am getting very close to removing my engine from my 2003 Silverado SS and replacing it with a new stroker motor.

I am going to sell the stock motor and am trying to figure out what it is worth. It only has 64,000 miles on it. There is nothing wrong with it at all.

The engine will be complete with the exception of the following:

*Intake

*Valve Covers

*Coil Packs

*ECM

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks for the input guys.

I may be selling the complete engine including the intake, valve covers, injectors, coil packs,etc. (minus the ECU).

What do you think it would be worth with all of this? $2,500 seem fair?

Thanks again.

Thanks for the input guys.

I may be selling the complete engine including the intake, valve covers, injectors, coil packs,etc. (minus the ECU).

What do you think it would be worth with all of this? $2,500 seem fair?

Thanks again.

Not really... you can buy a new crate motor for not much more with a warranty.... just sayn'

Come to Missouri 200k Mile Lq4's are bringing $1500- $2000

That's nuts.... There is a guy around me with a LQ4 on CL with like 180K, he was asking 1800 then he dropped to 1600 and still no takers. In my mind it a 800-1000 motor at BEST. But that is what I would be willing to pay. They say there is a sucker born every minute.... if they can get that money for one more power to them!

That's nuts.... There is a guy around me with a LQ4 on CL with like 180K, he was asking 1800 then he dropped to 1600 and still no takers. In my mind it a 800-1000 motor at BEST. But that is what I would be willing to pay. They say there is a sucker born every minute.... if they can get that money for one more power to them!

I agree most of them are being bought up and put in jeeps, rock bouncers, mud trucks, around here......very cheap reliable horsepower for a few hundred more than a good set of SBC heads....I'm painfully trying to find a decent one for less than $2000

The LQ4's are a slightly different animal. They are in every overworked and under maintained work truck and van. They are the right age to be laying down in droves, so the demand(and price) is high. I'm going to go against the majority here. I think if you could get anywhere near the 1K mark for a stripped long block you should take it and run. For $1500, you can get a dropout LQ9 complete from a yard and it usually comes with a warranty. I got my motor off the board here, with cam upgrade, minus coils and exhaust manifolds for $500, and he was glad to be rid of it.

The LQ4's are a slightly different animal. They are in every overworked and under maintained work truck and van. They are the right age to be laying down in droves, so the demand(and price) is high. I'm going to go against the majority here. I think if you could get anywhere near the 1K mark for a stripped long block you should take it and run. For $1500, you can get a dropout LQ9 complete from a yard and it usually comes with a warranty. I got my motor off the board here, with cam upgrade, minus coils and exhaust manifolds for $500, and he was glad to be rid of it.

Dough... I meant LQ9..... Here is the CL Ad.....

https://charlotte.craigslist.org/pts/d/2003-chevrolet-silverado-ss/6261882920.html

Dough... I meant LQ9..... Here is the CL Ad.....

Yeah, he's going to be storing that one for quite a while at that price. The 4x4/muscle car/hot rod guys that are interested in a 15y.o. 200K+ mile motor are going to be some cheap sum bitches. If the people needing LQ4s ever catch on that an LQ9 will go right in its place(and give a nice HP boost)then maybe he'd get close to that.

Edited by eberhama (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...

I am getting very close to removing my engine from my 2003 Silverado SS and replacing it with a new stroker motor.

I am going to sell the stock motor and am trying to figure out what it is worth. It only has 64,000 miles on it. There is nothing wrong with it at all.

The engine will be complete with the exception of the following:

*Intake

*Valve Covers

*Coil Packs

*ECM

Any input is appreciated.

Where are you located?