Photobucket fix

Downeast Johnny

Most of us have probably noticed the fact that past post's with photos hosted on photobucket are no longer view-able.

It has become a problem on many forums and reduces the value of many of our "How to" threads.

I've seen this "add on" posted on several forums as a fix for the problem. My OS is too old to even check it out and see if it works but I wanted to post it up here hoping that someone here with current tech can check it out and see if it will be a help.

Firefox fix

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/android/addon/photobucket-embedded-fix/?src=api

Google chrome fix

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/photobucket-embed-fix/naolkcpnnlofnnghnmfegnfnflicjjgj?hl=en

Anyone looking to save how-to's or any type of guides or photos off this forum. Pictures can't be saved individually, but using adobe reader the entire page itself can be saved with photos. Someone could then I guess ,cut the photos out from the pdf and then reupload them to the site if they want.

Edited by Distracted (see edit history)

That makes no sense. There is more info pertaining to these trucks, on these pages now, than a new site will gather from now till the time when the last of the trucks are piles of dust.

Yeah no doubt about that, just saying that compared to other forums this is much less user friendly when trying to post pics and stuff like that. Lots and lots of useful information on here for sure.

Yeah no doubt about that, just saying that compared to other forums this is much less user friendly when trying to post pics and stuff like that. Lots and lots of useful information on here for sure.

I can't argue on the user friendliness issue. There are problems there. It's always been more productive to search google with the site name in your search, than to use the sites search engine. Photobuckets big changes have made it harder to post pictures. (I've never tried the sites picture add function but have read that it is less than stellar).

The site has slowed so much in the last year or more that I imagine that the folks who control the site don't see much advantage in upgrading it.

Aside from trying to help guys searching for answers, I will continue to post here in an effort to keep the site active enough that it will be seen as worthy of keeping alive, because it is a valuable info source.

If a new SSS site gets started; I will check it out and likely join. :cheers:

I can't argue on the user friendliness issue. There are problems there. It's always been more productive to search google with the site name in your search, than to use the sites search engine. Photobuckets big changes have made it harder to post pictures. (I've never tried the sites picture add function but have read that it is less than stellar).

The site has slowed so much in the last year or more that I imagine that the folks who control the site don't see much advantage in upgrading it.

Aside from trying to help guys searching for answers, I will continue to post here in an effort to keep the site active enough that it will be seen as worthy of keeping alive, because it is a valuable info source.

If a new SSS site gets started; I will check it out and likely join. :cheers:

Yeah I'd really like to see this site as popular as it used to be, maybe if randy didn't get banned ?

• 1 month later...

I was around here a lot in 08 when I had my 03, and I think with the book of faces becoming more prevalent, sites like these will fade, It's easier to ask a question on FB and get almost immediate responses, plus posting pics is way simpler, and no third party hosting site is needed.. however, the stored info on these pages are irreplacebable... imo

Totally agree... but these trucks are getting REAL old.... I recently joined the Trailblazer Envoy forum for the truck I'm rebuilding. It's terrible, no traffic and complete idiots asking questions.... makes this place look busy.

Big problem with facebook is that it completely sucks for searching anything. If you're not part of a discussion as it's happening, you may never see it, and if you need to go back and find it again...good luck. Most web forum searches can be rickety but with a little practice can be useful. Or, you can do a custom search through google to search many web forums. Facebook? Search is so useless I'm surprised they even offer the option.

Richard