04 Silverado Crew Cab

57peppershaker

Hi Gents

After over a year of being a member, guess its over due to post what I've got & been doing :cool:

I bought this 1 owner 04 2wd Crew Cab last year, had only covered 125k. This is how I got it. Its very clean with only a few minor parking scuffs ect.

post-28354-0-27664400-1506080001_thumb.jpg

1st thing that had to go was the side step bars. An immediate improvement.

post-28354-0-82890800-1506080158_thumb.jpg

Then the original alloys were swopped for a new old stock set that I picked up for use on my previous truck ('00 Sierra ext cab)

Along the way the exhaust was replaced with a Flowmaster system to give it a nice burble. A bed cover added and the front bow tie badge repainted FTO Orange.

Silverado's are pretty scarce here in England, Crew Cabs even rarer.

Roll on a few months n some parts have arrived :thumbsup:

The stock 16"s were swopped out for SS rep's with stock size tyres.

post-28354-0-38117700-1506081715_thumb.jpg

Then I found out stock SS tyres are too tall for a lowering job :ohmy: So lower profile tyres were ordered as it had to go lower !

I spent a long time looking at 3/5 drop kits. Various reports had said you do need / you dont need to C notch the chassis. I spoke to the Belltech guys who advised as I wasnt hauling loads, its a weekend driver not a work truck, I wouldnt need to notch.

A few weeks later the 3/5 drop kit & upgraded shocks arrived to replace the original parts. It was totally stock when I got it.

And this is how it sits now !

post-28354-0-17700200-1506082316_thumb.jpg

Absolutely love how the suspension & wheels have transformed the truck

A few more mods are planned, as & when cash is available.

The rear bumper needs replacing as its dinged / twisted. Im going to colour code the new one. The front is also dinged & scraped so I'm looking to replace with a SS rep front cover and colour code the chrome grill bar.