Not a bad Tow Rig

monster1213

In the middle of moving from VA to PA and decided to let the Silverado SS do truck stuff. Definitely didn't build her as a tow vehicle, see mods in sig. But she surprised me the whole 350 miles and averaged 12 mpg towing around 6,000 lbs. Yes, that's my Chevy SS grocery getter too!

post-22896-0-19766400-1504926277_thumb.jpg

I like it! I too have a second SS grocery getter, but mine is a Cobalt SS. I have also used my Silverado SS to tow my Cobalt SS once or twice, like the time I dropped the LNF to spice it up a little.

Welcome to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania BTW, hope your county only requires inspection and not emissions! If you have any questions shoot me a PM, I'm an inspection mechanic for PA. What area did you move to?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Edited by psualumni (see edit history)

That's a great looking hauler. Sounds like she did great. Especially with the mods you've got on her.

How do you like your SS grocery getter?

Oh the SS sedan is unbelievable. It's an absolute race car when you want it to be, but has enough comfort and bells and whistles to keep you satisfied. Mine is a manual trans, so it makes it even more fun to haul the mail!

Welcome to the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania BTW, hope your county only requires inspection and not emissions! If you have any questions shoot me a PM, I'm an inspection mechanic for PA. What area did you move to?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I'm originally from central PA. Just returning finally after 9 years in the Navy. I'm moving back to a small town about 30 miles north of Harrisburg. Thanks! I will shoot you a PM too

Oh the SS sedan is unbelievable. It's an absolute race car when you want it to be, but has enough comfort and bells and whistles to keep you satisfied. Mine is a manual trans, so it makes it even more fun to haul the mail!

I'm sure that the standard trans makes a great car even better. I always wished that they had offered the SS as a coupe. (Like the NASCAR cars :jester: )