Maintenance before mods

Steed8302

Hi y'all!

I've lived on this site in my free time absorbing all the info I could. And ran a search with little avail as to maintenance of these trucks/what to look for as my truck has 200k miles.

As of today, 6 days after purchase, I've ordered CAI and cat back, plugs, Taylor 409s, FPR, fuel filter, and a few little odds and ends the truck has lost over the years (like tailgate bumpers).

I have no plans of going wild with it, and this has been a dream truck for some years. I only drive in poor weather and below freezing (on two wheels most of the time). To the tune of 8-12,000 a year max. But I want to ensure this truck lasts forever.

The previous owner kept the oil change and recently had the transfer case rebuilt, but he was not so mechanically inclined. So I think some things may have been missed/neglected.

Any insight from y'all?

2003 AWD SS (btw)

Edited by Steed8302 (see edit history)

Coolant is good for 5 years or 100k. Plugs and wires should be replaced every 100k minimum.... fluids should be replaced more frequently. I'm talking trans, diffs and t case. If t case was just rebuilt you should be good. Same basic maintenance as any regular car or truck nothing special.

Check the transmission fluid. Flush if needed. There's two camps when it comes to flushing a trans with that many miles. Read and make your own decision. Change the front and rear differential fluid for sure. Check the brake lines. Flush the radiator. Might even flush the braking system. Wheel bearings. Plugs. Wires. Maybe coil packs. Air filter. Check the power steering fluid.

That's a lot of miles. I hope you got a good deal.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk