Parting out 2004 ss

Bubala

What happened to the front? Wrecked as well, or pieces sold already? Any damage to the fenders, hood, core support? I'm asking out of curiosity and for anybody else that might be seriously interested; not trying to give you the idea I'm a player on it as I'm not. Too many irons in the fire as it is.

When I got hit I got pushed into the car in front of me. Front bumper, headlights and grill were damaged but they are all in the bed of the truck. Hood opens and closes fine fenders are untouched. Most the impact in the front was with the bumper. The grill only had a slight crack on it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fb107505559e3d81c96ac2938d25fbd4.jpg

Man...sure would be nice to see someone fix this one instead of it getting parted.

I know many people have moved on to the later trucks with all their improvements, but there's something about an SS...as time passes, more and more will be parted out, junked, etc.

Richard

I'll part out big parts i.e. Engin/ trans / rear end etc. not head rest and trim panels. At that rate it would take me forever.

Gotcha, I was just wondering. If you don't have any luck selling it as a whole and do end up actually parting out the whole truck there are a few pieces that I would be interested in. Ill follow along with the thread and see how it goes.

Btw just thought I'd point out that's a Corsa exhaust not Borla. Good luck with the truck man, I agree with the others that it'd be real nice to see this thing put back together. It's honestly not in too bad shape at all. Just needs a new bed and front end basically. Also, what bed cover is that? Did you have to bolt it on?

Edited by Tru Killer (see edit history)

Btw just thought I'd point out that's a Corsa exhaust not Borla. Good luck with the truck man, I agree with the others that it'd be real nice to see this thing put back together. It's honestly not in too bad shape at all. Just needs a new bed and front end basically. Also, what bed cover is that? Did you have to bolt it on?

I can see from the picture it's an ARE cover. Probably the best money can buy IMHO. I put one on my first new car I bought an S10 xtreme... I've always had a thing for sport trucks.

I can see from the picture it's an ARE cover. Probably the best money can buy IMHO. I put one on my first new car I bought an S10 xtreme... I've always had a thing for sport trucks.

You're both correct. It is an ARE cover and that is working properly as well. Like I said before my father posted this truck for me and he thought it was a Borla exhaust, but he was mistaken. It is a Corsa Performance Series Cat back exhaust with no drone.

Not trying to part out as much as I want it gone as a whole. After the accident I took it out and test drove it as you see it in the pictures. Still runs and drives exactly how she did before the accident so it's mostly cosmetic. Would love to see it fixed by someone instead of parting it but I need it gone so $6500 takes it and she's yours to do what you want with

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...